Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 01:34AM

Full Interview: Preacher Kenneth Copeland Defends Lavish Lifestyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LtF34MrsfI
By Inside Edition
Length = 11:56

@ 0:00 Apparently, Kenneth Copeland has said he does not want to get into a tube with a bunch of demons.
(He is calling the airplane a tube.)
Kenneth Copeland says: If I flew commercial, I would have to stop 65% of what I am doing.
@ 0:30 How much money did you pay for the plane?
Kenneth Copeland says: That’s none of your business. (He is telling us “It is my money.”)
@ 2:00 I don’t want to miss that dedication in Peru. He made that airplane so cheap that I could not help to buy it.
@ 3:10 Do you use your private jet to go to your vacation homes?
Kenneth Copeland says: Yes.
@ 4:50 How many planes do you have?
Kenneth Copeland says:
Gulf stream
Citation team (Not sure what he said)
A small airplane
@ 6:30 Kenneth Copeland says: My wealth does not come from offerings alone.
He sells books and DVDs.
He has natural gas on his property.
@ 7:00 Kenneth Copeland says: I give 25 million to the poor.
@ 7:10 To those critics that say that a preacher should not live a luxury, what do you say to that?
Kenneth Copeland says: They are wrong. They should read the Bible. It is a misunderstanding on their part. Abraham was extremely wealthy.
@ 9:30 The bible says that it is more difficult for a rich man to get into heaven than for a sphere with a r=1 cm to pass through a round hole with r=0.957 cm
Kenneth Copeland says:
You didn’t read the rest of the scripture. He says all things are possible with god,. Therefore, throw the rich man + Lazarus story into the garbage bin.
@ 11:00 Kenneth Copeland more or less says to the interviewer: Let’s be friends.

~~~~iceman9090

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 01:59AM

Kenneth Copeland gives Covid the Bronx cheer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsGbk820O_Y

Date: October 29, 2020 09:26AM

logged off today Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Great. Another one of these drunk people who are absolutely sure of themselves and think they have the solution to COVID-19.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 10:21AM

I always wonder who it that support people like Copeland. In my circle I find none who would do so. The Copelands and the Robertsons and their ilk do not get any kind of support. Many mention Franklin Graham who also does very well financially from his work, but for me he needs to decide if he is a preacher or a politician.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 10:30AM

Me too...just exactly how stupid and delusional would one have to be to send money to shysters like them?.
...or the CULT for that matter...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2020 10:31AM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Date: October 29, 2020 01:22PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Me too...just exactly how stupid and delusional
> would one have to be to send money to shysters
> like them?.
> ...or the CULT for that matter...

I don't understand it either.
Obviously, we aren't doing a good job educating people about scammers, charlatans, preachers, etc.
We need to inject some logic, some skepticism into people.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 12:32PM

Wait--you are getting very close to denigrating Captain Moroni.

Repent, sinner, lest God smite thee!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 10:27AM

The Bible is Kenneth Copeland's friend as it has a verse to support any agenda at all. In other words, contradiction is also Kenneth's friend. And best of all his followers believe this Bible and consider its pages the Word of God, so is it any wonder Kenny is filthy rich? You can't ask for a bette set up.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 01:35PM

Why are so many of these "performers" found in the US? Do they exist to any degree in Europe and other affluent countries?

Date: October 29, 2020 01:47PM

Nigel Farage.

American con men cluster in religion. In other countries such assume other guises.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 02:42PM

While LW may have a good point, I would submit that the U.S., due to its founding by religious zealots and the role that those zealots have played in the country's history until its present (mostly because of the First Amendment's religious clause), is well-placed for religious quacks to both survive and thrive. If you stop and think about it, the United States is really a country of salesmen and gamblers (hands up to all of you who thought that Mormons were the only ones who did pyramid schemes.) We are open to cults and religious nut jobs primarily because we want to believe them instead of the boring and monotonous facts that are really out there.

Date: October 29, 2020 02:44PM

I agree with that.

The monsters assume different forms in different cultures. US culture is as you describe.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 02:12PM

I don't see any equivalence between people like Copeland and Farage.

Date: October 29, 2020 02:18PM

People who form de facto cults to advance their own interests at the expense of others. Religions and political movements are sociologically very difficult to distinguish, and they form around the same sort of characters.

Date: October 29, 2020 03:10PM

Still don't see it. Fsrage is hardly wealthy by the standards of people like Copeland and he has hardly rowed himself into any position of power outside of being a voice for what the majority wanted and which had now been essentially.

Date: October 29, 2020 03:14PM

Money, power, fame. Without Brexit Farange would be far less famous and influential than otherwise. I'd even put Boris Johnson in that category: someone who espouses a harmful strategy because of personal ambition.

Your mileage may vary.

Date: October 29, 2020 05:23PM

Fame perhaps.

Date: October 29, 2020 05:32PM

Fame is a big deal. Get famous and hope the political winds shift in your favor.

Sort of like embracing birtherism.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 07:14PM

A tube full of demons could put naughty ideas inside your head.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 07:15PM

Religion can be the basis of a perfect con. Joseph Smith realized it, and certain preachers like Kenneth Copeland have realized it. Why people keep funneling money to the "ministries" of these grifters is beyond me, but they do.

Posted by: Jethro ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 09:50PM

I call it the power of belief!! Its crazy the power belief has over people. Man study Jimmy Swaggart, he got caught with a prostatute he got cut off from the assemblies of god, but the money never stopped.

Look at Joel OSteen, the list goes on and on.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 29, 2020 10:50PM

Lock him up !!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.