Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 05:39PM

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/10/trump-ad-lifts-fauci-praise-out-of-context/
Huh? Really?
This is why people distrust scientists right now.
Back in March, when he had a chance to prevent hundreds of thousands of American deaths from Covid, there was lots of talk about Google and Apple collaborating on a contact tracing app that we'd all get installed on our smart phones, Like other, far more successful countries, were doing. Like every other far more successful country did.
We had more people get Covid yesterday than all of China over this whole pandemic.
1/4 million dead later Still no contact tracing?
Still no National mask mandate? Just guidelines that are optional?
And the Nation's top doc still can't think of anything more to do to stop another 1/4 million from dying? Just throw your hands up and say,"It is what it is?"
How many hundreds of thousands more people need to die this fall/winter before we start contact tracing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2020 05:43PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 05:45PM

One hopes that the supply of pixels is 'worlds without end' lest one dispare at your lack of rigor.

Date: November 01, 2020 06:21PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One hopes that the supply of pixels is 'worlds
> without end' lest one dispare at your lack of
> rigor.

I read it. My point stands.
Where the fuck is the cotact tracing app and why isnt it installed automatically on my phone like an amber alert?
7months ago they were saying its coming. Google and Apple will launch it any day.
Here it is 7mo and 1/4 million dead later and still no contact tracing?
I still cant get an accurate Covid test result in less than 3 days? And even then I have to lie to get one?

Date: November 01, 2020 07:31PM

If you're not going to bother with facts, I'll just let you be.

Date: November 01, 2020 08:52PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> If you're not going to bother with facts, I'll
> just let you be.
I am bothering with facts.
Fact is we have 25% of world covid deaths and only 4% of the worlds population, meaning we are more than 6x's as likely to doe of Covid as Americans than the rest of the world.
And its bigger and stronger than ever before, after 7mo of half assed, half hearted efforts by government.
Here where I live in WA we've done pretty well with it, but it hasnt been easy with protests on both ends of the spectrum
We even made it into the Borat movie, sadly, Not for any good reason. Pretty scary actually.
Right after that film was shot an Anti Fascist was executed extrajudiciously, in my town.
That wasn't in the movie.
Probably a future movie if we all survive the shitstorm that we've got coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2020 08:54PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 10:55PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> elderolddog Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> Where... is the cotact tracing app... ?
> 7months ago they were saying its coming... Here it is 7mo and 1/4 million dead later and still no contact tracing?
>

I could have told you back in March just exactly how it would be now in the United States. With the current misleader at the helm, the only thing surprising is that it isn't worse.

Contact tracing? NO
Consistent messaging? Nope

An honest attempt, at the federal level, to Stop the Virus? Nope

Just LOOK at who the man in charge is putting in charge: people just like himself; wholly incompetent.

Out for profit
Out for lunch

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 02, 2020 11:14AM

These posts of his are drive by scattings. He needs reactions to be invested in posting to them. You prove motivation in spades.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 05:47PM

> And the Nation's top doc still can't think of
> anything more to do to stop another 1/4 million
> from dying?

Did you read the article? I'm not sure which is more disturbing: the possibility that you would spout off without reading it or that you would read it and misunderstand it so fundamentally.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 05:50PM

try reading the context

Date: November 01, 2020 06:02PM

What Fauci says ...

“We’re in for a whole lot of hurt. It’s not a good situation. All the stars are aligned in the wrong place as you go into the fall and winter season, with people congregating at home indoors. You could not possibly be positioned more poorly.”

“The United States needs to make an abrupt change in public health practices and behaviors. The country could surpass 100,000 new coronavirus cases a day and see rising deaths in the coming weeks.”

“Biden’s campaign is taking it seriously from a public health perspective. Trump is looking at it from a different perspective … the economy and reopening the country.”

He and Deborah Birx, coronavirus task force coordinator, no longer have regular access to the president and he has not spoken to Trump since early October.

“The only medical person who sees the president on a regular basis is Scott Atlas. It’s certainly not Debbie Birx.”

On Scott Atlas — ​​​​​​”I have real problems with that guy. He’s a smart guy who’s talking about things that I believe he doesn’t have any real insight or knowledge or experience in. He keeps talking about things that when you dissect it out and parse it out, it doesn’t make any sense.”

Fauci said he actually appreciated chief of staff Mark Meadows saying last weekend on CNN that the administration was not going to control the pandemic. “I tip my hat to him for admitting the strategy. He is straightforward in telling you what’s on his mind. I commend him for that.”

On Atlas — “He insists he’s not somebody who’s pushing for herd immunity. He says, ‘That’s not what I mean.’ [But] everything he says — when you put them together and stitch them together — everything is geared toward the concept of ‘it doesn’t make any difference if people get infected. It’s a waste of time. Masks don’t work. Who cares,’ and the only thing you need to do is protect the vulnerable, like people in the nursing homes.”

“The idea of this false narrative that if you don’t die, everything is hunky dory is just not the case, But to say, ‘Let people get infected, it doesn’t matter, just make sure people don’t die’ — to me as a person who’s been practicing medicine for 50 years, it doesn’t make any sense at all.”

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 06:26PM

Why does mask wearing have to be mandated.

If it'll save you from death, seems to me to be a no brainer.

But then if one needs a warning not to use a hair dryer in a bathtub then there is no way to stop stupid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2020 06:27PM by tumwater.

Date: November 01, 2020 06:31PM

It needs to be mandated because the stupid people will spread it to the rest of us.

Date: November 01, 2020 06:48PM

tumwater Wrote:
> Why does mask wearing have to be mandated.
>
> If it'll save you from death, seems to me to be a
> no brainer.
>
> But then if one needs a warning not to use a hair
> dryer in a bathtub then there is no way to stop
> stupid.
I'm all for letting natural selection run its course and personally I don't mind nature culling the herd when we get overpopulated, although, survival of the fittest seems like mass murder to me.
If we can prevent what happened in 1918, millions dying, we should, just for humanitarian reasons alone.
And self preservation.

Date: November 01, 2020 11:19PM

"I'm all for letting natural selection run its course" ...
this is the argument for eliminating all medicine.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 06:41PM

The U.S. can't mandate from the Federal level, it's up to the 50 governors.

You can't get those 50 to agree on the same idea.

P/S the mandate is one candidate's basic idea for stopping the virus.

Date: November 01, 2020 06:47PM

That is incorrect. The federal government has authority to impose national health standards and practices in an emergency. It uses that power all the time when facing natural disasters. There is absolutely no need for the 50 states to adopt policies in this instance.

Date: November 01, 2020 10:38PM

tumwater Wrote:
> The U.S. can't mandate from the Federal level... >

Since when?

> You can't get those 50 to agree on the same idea. >

They don't need to agree if it is a law.

> P/S the mandate is one candidate's basic idea for
stopping the virus.

It's not the candidate. It's leadership, or lack thereof.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 06:43PM

Wasn't that back when he was towing the party line? At least he grew a spine since then. I can't believe he played along as long as he did. He was trying so hard not to appear political but that became impossible because, well, actual facts.

Meanwhile Dr. Scarf-lady tries to walk the line still.

I can't say either of them have my total respect at this point but they know a whole lot more about epidemiology than the current parrot.

Posted by: Adam the warrior ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 06:51PM

They copied my 'it is what it is' attitude. A friend told me idaho is getting hit hard right. I think i am going to get tested tomorrow just in case. Just to be safe.

Date: November 01, 2020 07:03PM

Adam the warrior Wrote:
> They copied my 'it is what it is' attitude. A
> friend told me idaho is getting hit hard right. I
> think i am going to get tested tomorrow just in
> case. Just to be safe.

While its true, it is what it is, if I had that attitude at work I wouldn't be employed past lunch.
If,"It is what it is" then that means,"There's nothing we can do about it."
Which is bullshit!
Look at what our competitors are doing, kicking America's ass, eliminating Covid.
Again, we had more Covid cases yesterday than China has had since the pandemic began.
And we have had 7months to come up with and deploy a contact tracing app.

Date: November 01, 2020 07:12PM

its not a good attitude to have to be sure. It was more my attitude at the beginning of the outbreak because of the powerlessness I felt over the whole situation.

Can you explain what a contact tracing app does exactly? Or what it implies? How does it work?

Date: November 01, 2020 07:14PM

It's what the health department does after you get VD.

Posted by: Adam the empath ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 11:34PM

what does VD stand for? Please don't make fun i do not have television at the moment.

Date: November 01, 2020 11:45PM

venereal disease AKA STD.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 11:55PM

You don't need a television to have fun, er, have sex. It used to be big in the newspapers and on radio too.

Virgin Disease

Date: November 01, 2020 07:32PM

Adam the warrior Wrote:
> its not a good attitude to have to be sure. It was
> more my attitude at the beginning of the outbreak
> because of the powerlessness I felt over the whole
> situation.
>
> Can you explain what a contact tracing app does
> exactly? Or what it implies? How does it work?
It notifies you if you were in close contact with somebody who tests positive. And it notifies others you contacted if you test positive, so they know to get tested before they go and infect others. Of course its effectiveness only works with rapid test results. I just got tested today. My Doc told me that rapid results are not accurate yet and the most reliable test takesc 3-5 days to return results. That's not nearly fast enough to prevent spread.
There are 10 different contact tracing apps right now, which is the problem. There should be one and we should all have it active on our phones. There should be no opt-out option. Its not like you have an opt-out option for Amber Alerts.
Same principle, only more lives at risk.

Date: November 01, 2020 08:17PM

SCat, amidst a flowing cascade of misinformation based on how life ought to be, said, "Its not like you have an opt-out option for Amber Alerts."

SCat, I offer you some what-are-they-called? Oh, yeah, facts. Although I don't have anything against whimsey!

https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-turn-off-amber-alerts-android-800435/

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-turn-off-amber-alerts-iphone

Date: November 02, 2020 01:14PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> SCat, amidst a flowing cascade of misinformation
> based on how life ought to be, said, "Its not
> like you have an opt-out option for Amber
> Alerts."
>
> SCat, I offer you some what-are-they-called? Oh,
> yeah, facts. Although I don't have anything
> against whimsey!
>
> https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-turn-off-a
> mber-alerts-android-800435/
>
> https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-turn-off-am
> ber-alerts-iphone

Yes you can turn off Amber Alerts, but why would you, unless you were a complete asshole who didn't give a shit about anybody but yourself?

Date: November 02, 2020 01:16PM

> Yes you can turn off Amber Alerts, but why would
> you, unless you were a complete asshole who didn't
> give a shit about anybody but yourself?

Such elegance, such unintentional irony!

Date: November 02, 2020 01:52PM

First SCat says

"It's not like you can turn off Amber alerts..."

Then SCat says as if he were correcting an error on my part,

"Of course you can turn off Amber Alerts, but why would you, unless you were a complete asshole who didn't give a shit about anybody but yourself?"

Apparently implying that I'm an asshole for publishing the info that proved his first statement was incorrect.

I'm imagining that he believes that I'm now the bad guy in this exchange, not for publishing his faux pas but for advocating that Amber alerts should be turned off! What a cad I am!

What is the psychological deficit wherein the patient will not and cannot accept errancy?

Date: November 01, 2020 07:13PM

" The White House has more coronavirus cases than Taiwan, New Zealand, and Vietnam"

Date: November 01, 2020 07:31PM

Combined, I would think.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 07:46PM

Well a quick glance at my facebook feed and I see some of my relatives had a big reunion on Halloween, lots of kids, no masks, but they are all good good Utah Mormons. This could be their last Halloween and Thanksgiving they should enjoy it and do what the hell they want because next year there are no guarantees. (I saw that post earlier today as well). Mormons only care about themselves and having fun now, delayed gratification is not on their agenda.

I wish there was a face mask mandate. I see so many small businesses doing whatever they want. The big stores are following common sense guidelines but the little ones don't care.

Date: November 01, 2020 11:24PM

well, they are in fantasy land mentally already. Would it be a huge accusation that many Mormons are covert narcissists like my parents that literally think they are Gods themselves walking around and well, only care about themselves. Best to keep your distance from people like this.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 09:08PM

Maybe he can’t imagine that places like New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea actually exist.

Date: November 01, 2020 09:35PM

You should read the article. Then you would realize that Fauci said nothing like what Scat indicates.

Date: November 01, 2020 10:38PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> You should read the article. Then you would
> realize that Fauci said nothing like what Scat
> indicates.

Obviously you didnt read it.
He said it in March. Trump just took it out of context and made it about him, naturally.
He was saying it about himself and the task force he was on. I realize he wss led by a scoence denier, but nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to say he couldnt imagine doing a better job, in March.

Date: November 01, 2020 11:15PM

> He said it in March. Trump just took it out of
> context and made it about him, naturally.

Perhaps you should go back and read your opening post. You know, where you said that Fauci's statement "is why people distrust scientists right now." So you thought the quotation was correctly attributed. I wasn't the only one to notice what you had done; EOD and DtA both noted the error.

----------------
> He was saying it about himself and the task force
> he was on.

Precisely. That is why what you said in the OP was so strange. Now you retrospectively pretend that you understood that from the start and yet your words are there, up above, for all to see.

----------------
> I realize he wss led by a scoence
> denier, but nobody put a gun to his head and
> forced him to say he couldnt imagine doing a
> better job, in March.

Yet here you go back to your first, mistaken approach of blaming Fauci for the pandemic.

Pick a story and stick to it, Kori, but don't reverse yourself and then reverse yourself again. A simple mea culpa would serve you better.

Date: November 01, 2020 11:31PM

I had a feeling this guy was koriwhore. My past assumptions have been validated. Always was curious about that because they talked about the same things, like identically.

Date: November 01, 2020 11:36PM

And ad nauseam! Don't forget that feature...

Posted by: Adam yhd warrior ( )
Date: November 01, 2020 11:57PM

hahahahahaha thanks for the laugh old dog. Needed a good laugh.

Date: November 02, 2020 01:20PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> > He said it in March. Trump just took it out of
> > context and made it about him, naturally.
>
> Perhaps you should go back and read your opening
> post. You know, where you said that Fauci's
> statement "is why people distrust scientists right
> now." So you thought the quotation was correctly
> attributed. I wasn't the only one to notice what
> you had done; EOD and DtA both noted the error.
>
>
> ----------------
> > He was saying it about himself and the task
> force
> > he was on.
>
> Precisely. That is why what you said in the OP
> was so strange. Now you retrospectively pretend
> that you understood that from the start and yet
> your words are there, up above, for all to see.
>
>
> ----------------
> > I realize he wss led by a scoence
> > denier, but nobody put a gun to his head and
> > forced him to say he couldnt imagine doing a
> > better job, in March.
>
> Yet here you go back to your first, mistaken
> approach of blaming Fauci for the pandemic.
>
> Pick a story and stick to it, Kori, but don't
> reverse yourself and then reverse yourself again.
> A simple mea culpa would serve you better.

Perhaps you need help with reading comprehension 101. I will help you Dear, its hidden in the first paragraph,"A Trump campaign ad uses a clip of Dr. Anthony Fauci praising federal public health officials — saying that he “can’t imagine that … anybody could be doing more” — and makes it seem like Fauci was personally complimenting the president. Fauci himself says the ad lifted his words “out of context.”

But he did say it, back in March, about the Corona Virus task force, on which he is the leading expert. He couldn't imagine shutting down our borders or doing contact tracing back then, like all the other countries who dealt with the virus effectively?
Or did the President have a gun to his head when he said that?

Date: November 02, 2020 01:27PM

> Perhaps you need help with reading comprehension
> 101.

Ah yes, an area in which you are a known expert--assuming, of course, we don't go back and check the spelling in your posts above.

------------
> I will help you Dear, its hidden in the first
> paragraph,"A Trump campaign ad uses a clip of Dr.
> Anthony Fauci praising federal public health
> officials — saying that he “can’t imagine
> that … anybody could be doing more” — and
> makes it seem like Fauci was personally
> complimenting the president. Fauci himself says
> the ad lifted his words “out of context.”

This is just slimy. Several of us note that you didn't read the "out of context" stuff, so you go back and quote it as if you were the writer of the article. But we can all see you are reversing yourself.

-----------------
> But he did say it, back in March, about the Corona
> Virus task force, on which he is the leading
> expert. He couldn't imagine shutting down our
> borders or doing contact tracing back then, like
> all the other countries who dealt with the virus
> effectively?

This is ridiculous (not rediculous). In March the task force had been active for a matter of weeks and Fauci said they'd done about all he could imagine in those several weeks. If you think he was capable of implementing a full contract-tracing system in that period of time, then, well. . .

-----------------
> Or did the President have a gun to his head when
> he said that?

You are right, Scat. It's not as if Trump has ever fired anyone or otherwise ruined his life in retaliation for public or private challenges.

Date: November 02, 2020 01:44PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> > Perhaps you need help with reading
> comprehension
> > 101.
>
> Ah yes, an area in which you are a known
> expert--assuming, of course, we don't go back and
> check the spelling in your posts above.
>
>
> ------------
> > I will help you Dear, its hidden in the first
> > paragraph,"A Trump campaign ad uses a clip of
> Dr.
> > Anthony Fauci praising federal public health
> > officials — saying that he “can’t imagine
> > that … anybody could be doing more” — and
> > makes it seem like Fauci was personally
> > complimenting the president. Fauci himself says
> > the ad lifted his words “out of context.”
>
> This is just slimy. Several of us note that you
> didn't read the "out of context" stuff, so you go
> back and quote it as if you were the writer of the
> article. But we can all see you are reversing
> yourself.
>
>
> -----------------
> > But he did say it, back in March, about the
> Corona
> > Virus task force, on which he is the leading
> > expert. He couldn't imagine shutting down our
> > borders or doing contact tracing back then,
> like
> > all the other countries who dealt with the
> virus
> > effectively?
>
> This is ridiculous (not rediculous). In March the
> task force had been active for a matter of weeks
> and Fauci said they'd done about all he could
> imagine in those several weeks. If you think he
> was capable of implementing a full
> contract-tracing system in that period of time,
> then, well. . .
>
>
> -----------------
> > Or did the President have a gun to his head
> when
> > he said that?
>
> You are right, Scat. It's not as if Trump has
> ever fired anyone or otherwise ruined his life in
> retaliation for public or private challenges.

So NOW you admit you were wrong when you said Fauci didn't say what he obviously said or they wouldn't have it on tape.
I didn't reverse what I said at all.
You did.
I still stand by my OP.
And yes I did read the article before posting it.
I don't think Fauci had a gun to his head when he said it. Nor do I think somebody with his credentials has to worry about getting a job after getting fired for trying to prevent hundreds of thousands of deaths. I do think he'd now admit it was a huge mistake to make that claim in March, when there was obviously MUCH more that could have been done to prevent the spread of the Pandemic.

Date: November 02, 2020 01:56PM

> So NOW you admit you were wrong when you said
> Fauci didn't say what he obviously said or they
> wouldn't have it on tape.

Show me where I said that, Kori.

-------------
> I didn't reverse what I said at all.
> You did.
> I still stand by my OP.

Yep. That's what's so amusing.

------------
> And yes I did read the article before posting it.

Sure.

-------------
> I don't think Fauci had a gun to his head when he
> said it. Nor do I think somebody with his
> credentials has to worry about getting a job after
> getting fired for trying to prevent hundreds of
> thousands of deaths.

Yes, yes. That's Fauci's priority. His whole career bespeaks a desire for private-sector remuneration rather than helping people survive epidemics and pandemics. That's why he spent so much time on AIDS and then Ebola: that's where the money is, doncha know.

----------------------
> I do think he'd now admit it
> was a huge mistake to make that claim in March,
> when there was obviously MUCH more that could have
> been done to prevent the spread of the Pandemic.

You go, girl.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 02, 2020 02:13PM

It is sexist, demeaning, offensive - select your word - to call a female "Dear" and "girl", especially in a sarcastic manner, as is evident in these posts.

Just saying.

Date: November 02, 2020 02:54PM

You bet "you go, girl," when aimed at a man, is demeaning. I thought it an appropriate response to that man calling me "Dear." Recall that Scat also demeans us as "mean girls" and me as "Relief Society President."

So yeah, I'll through "girl" at him.

Date: November 02, 2020 02:58PM

Oh, my apologies. I thought I was reading a response from him to you and he said "you go, girl". Ha, so much for my reading attention/comprehension this morning.

So yeah. I get it. I will just cancel myself out. Except I noted the "Dear" and it bugged me, for reasons you have outlined.

Carry on. Again, my apologies. And lest anyone cry "double standard". I see that side but it's really more like just evening up the playing field. At long last.

Date: November 02, 2020 03:01PM

Scat does it all the time: falls back into old-style Mormon misogyny. I was just pointing that out.

Date: November 02, 2020 03:12PM

Yes, I get it. I must have gone from his post to yours and not realized it was a new post from you. As I said, I thought it was him talking to you. That's why I pointed out that both words/phrases were unwelcome - coming from him. I see why you said it.

I am sleepy today and getting a late start. Not paying enough attention. If I had bothered to check my post, as I usually do, I may have noticed my error and deleted myself. But as you answered, the cat is out of the bag so to speak. Ha. I admit to being fallible on this occasion and basically screwing up. But too, I would have still said something about the "Dear" addressed to you. Condescending. No need for that. A good discussion is a good discussion. Anything that reeks of sexism or name-calling, etc doesn't add to our exchanges. And it's important to call it out at this point. For reasons known well it is to be hoped.

Date: November 02, 2020 03:17PM

Apologies? Nightingale "wrong?" Not on anything significant. You are one of the most consistently careful, thoughtful posters in our community. We appreciate the occasional (marginal) misreading since it makes the rest of us feel better.

Date: November 02, 2020 03:30PM

Haha. You are too kind. So I won't have to fold up my tent and slink away? (This time?) :)

Sorry to make a mess of an already fraught situation, any way you look at it, here or out there in the real (really real) world.

Date: November 02, 2020 02:49PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> > So NOW you admit you were wrong when you said
> > Fauci didn't say what he obviously said or they
> > wouldn't have it on tape.
>
> Show me where I said that, Kori.
>

You said in the first post on this thread,

"Re: "I can't imagine that anybody could be doing more," Dr. Fauci

> And the Nation's top doc still can't think of
> anything more to do to stop another 1/4 million
> from dying?

Did you read the article? I'm not sure which is more disturbing: the possibility that you would spout off without reading it or that you would read it and misunderstand it so fundamentally.

> -------------
> > I didn't reverse what I said at all.
> > You did.
> > I still stand by my OP.
>
> Yep. That's what's so amusing.

1/4 Million dead with no contact tracing plan or National mask mandate in the works is amusing to you? Are you a psychopath?

Date: November 02, 2020 02:57PM

You are Trumpian. I said that you didn't read the article or didn't understand that and now you construe that observation as meaning that I didn't believe Fauci said those words. You are wrong, of course, I said you didn't perceive the context, but like your spiritual mentor you go ahead and keep repeating your falsehood as often as you want. That'll make it true.

Date: November 02, 2020 03:35PM

> > I didn't reverse what I said at all.
> > You did.
> > I still stand by my OP.
>
> Yep. That's what's so amusing.

SC's reply: 1/4 Million dead with no contact tracing plan or National mask mandate in the works is amusing to you? Are you a psychopath?

Obviously, LW's remark was in reference to your previous reply, SC, as indicated above. To you saying "I still stand by my OP", LW replied "Yep. That's what's so amusing."

Then you turned it around to indicate that LW was referring to 1/4 million dead (and "no plan" etc) as being amusing. This is demonstrably not true.

Then you question whether she is a psychopath? That is off the wall out of line, out of context, and ridiculous. Plus there is a rule here against name-calling.

I don't read many of your posts. These exchanges just reminded me why. I looked as I'm interested in the topic of the day out in the world which is the virus, of course. But just from your sub line, as I've indicated, I could tell your post would be at best mistaken, at worst nakedly partisan.

Not helpful to recovery - from anything, in my view. Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 03:36PM by Nightingale.

Date: November 01, 2020 10:30PM

You might ask Jared Kutcher (charged by the president with creating a contact tracing thing), or fly man, Pence (in charge of the whole U.S. thing).

It's not science.
Is politics.

Date: November 01, 2020 10:37PM

Pence is lord of the flies.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 02, 2020 12:04AM

We have very good contact tracing in Maryland. We have the ability to know in what type of places or situations the virus is currently being spread the most. If you are being called by a contact tracer it shows up as "MD Covid" on your cell phone.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 02, 2020 10:37AM

A town just east of my city voted on council NOT to mandate wearing masks...and I voiced my opinion that I thought it was stupid. Should have minded my own business I guess..got piled on.

Date: November 02, 2020 03:15PM

I'm calling shenanigans on Scat's OP. He now claims he read the article and knew that Fauci's statement was taken out of context.

I don't believe that for a minute. Let me state clearly: Scat did NOT read the article and he did NOT know that Fauci said those words in March. How do I know? Read the thread title:

"I can't imagine anybody could do more," Dr. Fauci after 200k de[ad]."

The phrase "after 200k dead" is key. In March there were only thousands of dead. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that the total went over 200,000. So Scat clearly thought Fauci made his statement in October, not last March. And that proves that he wasn't familiar with the contents of the article.

Scat posts without reading, or at least without comprehending. Who would have thought?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.