Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 05, 2020 03:48PM

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/11/lashana-lynch-bond-backlash-black-woman-007-1234597026/

News leaked this past April that Lashana Lynch’s role in the James Bond tentpole “No Time to Die” would be that of the new 007, making her the first Black woman to take on Bond’s famous digits. “No Time to Die” picks up with Daniel Craig’s eponymous secret agent living in exile in Jamaica, and in his absence Lynch’s Nomi assumes the 007 moniker. Lynch isn’t the new Bond per se, but in taking over the 007 mantle she became a target of toxic Bond fans and internet trolls upset that a Black woman could fill in as 007.

In a new interview with Harpar’s Bazaar, Lynch’s role as the new 007 in “No Time to Die” is confirmed. The actress shared with the publication how she overcame the toxic backlash to her Bond role: “For a week, she deleted her social-media apps, meditated, and saw no one but family, while comforting herself with the knowledge that the aggressive comments were ultimately not personal.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 05, 2020 06:31PM

If they have "Bond men" in the same way that they have "Bond girls," I'm all in.

Bond to me is all about the character. You want someone who can be suave, sophisticated and charming, who can do difficult things and make those things look easy. You want a wink, a smile, and an appropriate quip. I don't see why a woman can't pull that off.

Posted by: Anacreonism ( )
Date: November 06, 2020 11:48AM

Bond is a horrible man though. Not a saint (the Saint? Unless he was Roger Moore). Anyone who has read the books knows that.

Bond uses people, is xenophobic and a womanizer. He is also.a cold blooded killer.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 06, 2020 11:52AM

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: November 05, 2020 07:14PM

I'm shaken, not stirred.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: November 06, 2020 01:40PM

I think Fleming would turn in his grave at the thought.

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: November 06, 2020 11:36PM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

I think everyone likes Bond films. The fancy gadgets, the special effects, the over the top villain.
Also, mission impossible. They should make another one.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 07, 2020 09:56AM

I think this is a bad idea.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 07, 2020 10:14AM

God bless the chid that's got his own.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.