Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 08, 2020 11:38AM

I'm not sure it is a spine. He put his finger to the wind. As usual, he adapts to what he thinks benefits himself. He's more like one of those inflatable air dancers outside a used car parking lot.

The man is a politician above all. That said, he shows more spine to speak up than some of the others who are a disappointment.

I suspect he is envisioning himself as a leader in whatever becomes of the conservatives next.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 08, 2020 11:47AM

Maybe he's following the Prophet (seeking more influence / credibility than MoLeaders have ever had Nationally)

a) Isn't he or could he be a better leader than they've recently had-tolerated?

b) He's definitely no going to run for POTUS again, the inner circles of GOP would rather jump off the Empire State Building; Oh what to do with his remaining years?

c) Does he want to be selected as an afossil? Only Ann knows for sure!!!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 08, 2020 11:56AM

It’s not a spine, it’s a stick up his a**.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: November 08, 2020 05:12PM

I'm wondering how much did Ezra Taft Benson's political leanings influenced Mitt? Was Mitt into the right-wing John Birch society stuff or was his experience more removed from it given that his father immigrated to the US from their compound in Mexico?

Date: November 08, 2020 06:24PM

Im thinking that the influence of his parent's home will still reside with him. George, as far as I know (I briefly was introduced to him while on my mish) wasn't a company man...

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: November 08, 2020 05:34PM

You call that spine? He is only doing/saying whatever he thinks the majority of voters will approve of.

Date: November 08, 2020 06:43PM

In this particular instance, he seems to be swimming UpStream against the current of other Republicans...

Is listening to the citizens & leading the way in what they want somehow undesirable ???

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: November 09, 2020 08:16PM

It would appear that his aspirations would lead him to believe that gaining approval of the greatest number of the nation’s voters, he must pander to whoever will garner the greatest support. Party affiliation is secondary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2020 08:17PM by csuprovograd.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 08, 2020 06:29PM

Rmoney blows in the wind.

Date: November 08, 2020 07:49PM

Other than 'core values' (a challenge to many or Most LDS), I think a politician Should bend to the will of his/her constituents.

People's opinions & values aren't stuck in concrete, attitudes about SSM, women's sufferage, inter-racial marriages, relationships, & partnerships do change!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 07:20PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Other than 'core values' (a challenge to many or
> Most LDS), I think a politician Should bend to the
> will of his/her constituents.

.....that ain't exactly how it works. a politician is ALWAYS true to their core values. The trick is finding out what those core values REALLY ARE!!! What a politician says may or may not be an indication of what their governing core values really are.

>
> People's opinions & values aren't stuck in
> concrete, attitudes about SSM, women's sufferage,
> inter-racial marriages, relationships, &
> partnerships do change!

Romney does NOT care about ANY of that.(!!!!!!!!!!!!) ( so why are you wasting time pretending that he does? .....because at one time Romney hinted that might be the case ??? ) Romney will say ANYTHING !!!! IF he feels that it is to his LDS Inc owner's immediate advantage in the moment. .....and it is up to you to believe Romney when says (WHATEVER in the moment) he never said something when Romney then decides / needs to change his position .....just like a good MORmON is supposed to!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6506Bc1BHls&fbclid=IwAR3_iEWxxTTn7LnT3YN0ZkB7jxO-QlFLeRK8A5caOVIq3ErjLsKORtRMTgE

The ONLY thing that Romney really cares about is MOReMONey for his church ......that owns his sock puppet......... and for himself.

Posted by: Laughing in provo ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 10:55AM

They should make him a ga and he would be forever lost is history

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 11:35AM

There was an op-ed in the SLTribune today exhorting Romney to leave the GOP, become an independent and caucus with the Dems. Yeah, like that would ever happen.

Date: November 12, 2020 07:04PM

That is not a spine. Well, it is as much of a "spine" as POS Mitt Romney will EVER have.

It's the political meddling arm of LDS Inc / the MORmON church -the arm that supposedly does NOT exist according to LDS Inc propaganda, that is shoved clear up Romney's sock puppet ass ....and always has been.

Date: November 12, 2020 07:23PM

Next, are you going to tell us that some Jelly fish has (miraculously) grown a spine?

.....are you going to say that some tumble weed has gained the ability to roll INTO the wind ??

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: November 12, 2020 07:29PM

I've never been a huge fan of the Romnster, but he has at least been consistent in his criticism of the current ... individual (yah, lets go with that) in office.

Remember "This is the very brand of anger that has led other nations into the abyss" in 2016? Say what you will, but he nailed it on that one.

Posted by: spiney ( )
Date: November 14, 2020 11:20PM

Isn't a spine something in the post about the subject

Date: November 15, 2020 12:45AM

I'm thinking that Rmoney has gone further than most GOP Senators in criticizing Dofus McTrump...

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: November 15, 2020 03:59AM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm thinking that Rmoney has gone further than
> most GOP Senators in criticizing Dofus McTrump...

Heh, his stark but strangely single special attribute.

Mormon goofus he is.. That's no too mean, is it?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.