Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: December 05, 2020 11:59PM

Bishop sent out email saying meetings were cancelled this week due to SEVERAL members testing positive who attended church last week. What was interesting is the leadership is trying to figure out that happened with all the precautions they have taken. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Our buildings have very poor air handling systems. The virus is small. Think a mask is going to stop it.
What is interesting is 3 wards meeting in building. The email seems to indicate it is only the ward I attend that was cancelled.
Here is where church needs real leadership. Dusty Rusty needs to close all buildings before several people die from this virus. It is obvious that the cleaning protocol church has in place is not working.but I guess the cost of a life is nothing compared to not having a small piece of bread or water served in the building
Comments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 01:41AM

The "sanitation" was already so poor with the members cleaning (or lack there of) it is funny they thought they could do anything about covid. It would be interesting to test the air filter and duct system like they are doing in assisted living facilities.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 02:04AM

What cleaning protocol? The church needs to hire professional cleaners. There is more than enough money for church leaders to do that, but their priorities are out of whack.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 11:58AM

MY father was the custodian/janitor for our ward building
At that time it was his only source of income outside SSI.
He was summarily discharged and the ward maintenance was relegated to the membership.
The building became a filthy disaster.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 03:20PM

The janitorial job was one of the few chances actually to help members and the church threw it away without a second thought. That says a lot.

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 09:55AM

The Tuscaloosa third ward has been shut down for some time with no end in sight. It was open for a few months in late summer.I wonder if things in the Church will suffer inreperable damage.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 10:55AM

Lets hope so.

Posted by: The original MOI! ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 11:12AM

I heard there's a ward in Raymond that's now got a high number of members who've got the coof. I wonder which ward.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 12:18PM

PHIL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Tuscaloosa third ward has been shut down for
> some time with no end in sight. It was open for a
> few months in late summer.I wonder if things in
> the Church will suffer inreperable damage.
We can always hope

Posted by: titles ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 11:46AM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
> Bishop sent out email saying meetings were
> cancelled this week due to SEVERAL members testing
> positive who attended church last week. What was
> interesting is the leadership is trying to figure
> out that happened with all the precautions they
> have taken. Does not take a rocket scientist to
> figure that out. Our buildings have very poor air
> handling systems. The virus is small. Think a mask
> is going to stop it.
> What is interesting is 3 wards meeting in
> building. The email seems to indicate it is only
> the ward I attend that was cancelled.
> Here is where church needs real leadership. Dusty
> Rusty needs to close all buildings before several
> people die from this virus. It is obvious that the
> cleaning protocol church has in place is not
> working.but I guess the cost of a life is nothing
> compared to not having a small piece of bread or
> water served in the building
> Comments.

bread & water for the cleaning crew.

HIRE "PROFESSIONAL" CLEANERS

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 03:04PM

Re read email. It’s only for this week. Seems that members who caught virus at church has been in close contact for more than 15 minutes. Our Bishop doctor indicates had it been only 14 minutes it probably would have not happened. (That’s how I read it). The several members that tested positive have been disciplined by having to self isolate for 14 days.
So next week back to normal. Church services, masks 6 feet apart etc until next event.
So I learned that virus takes 15 minutes to make a decision to attack. Is it possible people caught this by touching stuff like sacrament trays, pews, seat cushions, etc. maybe bad air circulating system. I mean the Bishop is a doctor. I am just a person who can see church is a breeding ground for this virus to infect people.
Why is church not concerned that someone may die. People could go to church and not know they have virus. Is it not the proper pastoral thing to do to prevent people from getting disease. Common sense seems to be lacking.
On bright side Priesthood holders were allowed to bless sacrament at home only this week. If your single etc or have no Priesthood you are to read and ponder sacrament prayers. No need for bread and water. That’s only for those people who have Priesthood holders. It was also stressed that no Priesthood holder is to go to one of these houses and perform ordinance.

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 03:30PM

I suspect the 15 minutes is in reference to a prison guard in the Northeast who had a cumulative 15 minute exposure to infected prisoners and came down with Covid.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50035365/cdc-updates-its-guidelines-for-close-covid-19-contact-after-prison-guard-gets-infected

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 03:34PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
> So I learned that virus takes 15 minutes to make a
> decision to attack.

Yes, the virus particles all have watches and on the dot of 15 they attack. Or else they have an inborn sense of time. The first 1-14 minutes they give you a break. At the point of 15, you're doomed.

I'm not making fun of you SP (or Covid) of course. Just that who in their right mind would take the chance of 15 minutes being the magic number, under which time they're safe? It just doesn't work that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2020 03:35PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 03:45PM

All religious services are cancelled here in British Columbia. Several churches have disobeyed the public health order. Our public health officer, a physician, only closes down certain sectors if there is proven spread in them, such as is the proven case with church meetings.

I think people easily overlook the fact that she's talking a few weeks at a time, just trying to manage and diminish the spread. She's also called time out on all organized sporting events, adults and children, as those are also causing spread. It's not the actual activity that is the worst problem, they say, but the fact that in certain settings people let their guard down and mingle and socialize and forget the basics (like masks and distancing). For example, with curling and hockey, playing the game seems to be OK but spread occurs when sharing locker rooms and especially a few cold ones after the games. Same with church - sitting distanced in pews is OK but it's the unintended mingling without distancing times afterwards that are spiking infection rates.

I don't understand to this day what people don't get about the basics.

Now especially, with vaccines on the horizon, what a tragedy to become infected, especially worst case scenarios.

For those who say it's "only" the elderly who are badly affected. So what? Does that mean they should suffer horribly and die before their time because we want to play soccer?

And it's not only old folks who become severely ill. I heard a 30-something pro soccer player on the radio the other day who described in grim detail her month-long drastic bout of serious illness after contracting Covid. She is young, healthy, in peak physical condition, and thinks she was following all the guidelines. Still, she became infected and said her course was grim. She lost 10 lbs in 10 days and had to lie in the shower under cold running water to try and reduce her temperature. She said she has many family members and friends who she knows would *not* have survived the illness she had.

I read accounts by frustrated and exhausted and compassionate medical professionals who are begging people to follow the general guidelines and public health orders. With one voice they describe how much you don't want to have to go through this battle and you seriously don't want to die in the way Covid sufferers die (gasping for breath).

Mask up. Keep your distance. Wear out your soap. That is all you have to do to see in the New Year and hopefully there is a better day dawning. Soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2020 03:47PM by Nightingale.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.