Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: December 17, 2020 12:19AM

I watched some of those YouTube "edgy" apologetics. I tuned in since RFM did a podcast touching on some of the TITS mess. It is really bad when some Mormon apologetics makes Studio C seem funny. I could only stomach that nonsense for a few minutes. I'm surprised there are 10K views for some of their episodes. I want to resign for the Morporation, and that show makes it even more necessary for this wheat (me) to self seperate from that chaff (church). I'm not surprised the Morporation is not embarrassed by that "show". I would not be surprised if 98% of the views were Russ the Revelator, and Skeletor staying up late at night watching that drivel to increase the view count.

There was one episode where one of the "hosts" uses a bleeped out f-word. He then looks up and to his left as if looking for confirmation that it went well and he used it "effectively". I wonder how they felt it was necessary to use an "f" word. Maybe that wil be the new missionary buzz word. I can think of several ways it could be used on an investigator when trying to commit them to baptism. it might go something like this as the missionary say to the non-member, "come on! Just get F*cking baptized this Friday at 6:00pm already!!! F@@@@@@ck!! Jesus!!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2020 08:33PM by Tevai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 17, 2020 12:19PM

TITS in apologetics. Very Mormon.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 17, 2020 12:47PM

Mormon apologetics, FAIR, FARMS, Daniel Petersen, and whoever else, have always had a not-very-appealing self-impressed Mean Girls vibe. "We're the cool kids, and the rest of you can suck it."

The other Mean Girls may be impressed, but most of the world will roll their eyes, and glance around to be sure they know where the exits are.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 17, 2020 02:16PM

Posted by: thegoodman ( )
Date: December 17, 2020 08:29PM

Has any Mormon apologetics tried listening with love? All I ever see from these different groups who try their hand at it is this bizarre, suspicious defensiveness and condescension. It's true, then, they do think they're fighting the Devil and don't think we're real people.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 01:06PM

They should call it "This Is The Shit-Show".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.