Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Adam the warrior ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 06:21PM

I am on the front lines of this newly discovered and kept secret Canada Goose pandemic. They are spreading like wildfire now. Not sure how this happened under our very noses.

See for yourself. They are even rioting outside of this building. This is a crazy story that I can not ignore.

https://youtu.be/qWFsnedpTRc

As the Canada Goose problem spreads I will do my best reporting and documenting for the people. Why is a Canada Goose in the United States in the first place? Do they have clearance and visas to be here? I'm thinking no. It is all very suspicious. Why did Canada send these birds here? Its a riddle that I must solve. What does ziller think?

Is this a secret invasion?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 06:29PM

Messy things on the ground but a fantastic sight to see a whole flock in V formation against a darkening sky honking their way to a night roost. A Terri Redlin painting in motion.

Date: December 16, 2020 07:10PM

I have definitely seen that V formation.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 07:27PM

Why are they still "protected waterfowl?" They're hardly endangered. You'd think the appropriate agency could get this one nuisance specie taken off the protected list.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 07:20PM

I ran by a huge flock a few mornings ago, seemingly or actually frozen to the pond I run around (it was -15C with a wind chill of I dunno but really bad). I literally blessed the poor bastards out loud like I was a monk or saint. I felt for them! I hoped and prayed they'd survive until the coming Chinook blew in and they could mount their way up and up and out of Canada to warmer lands.

When I think about what Alberta has done to its waterways, I wonder that the geese, or any birds for that matter, bother to come back in the Spring.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 07:24PM

I personally witnessed a Canada goose in a Toronto elevator.

Date: December 16, 2020 09:18PM

haha see?! They are spreading into the buildings even now.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 09:54PM

I think he was using the word "goose" as a verb.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 10:33PM

I didn't get that double entendre either. Thanks, Mom! :P

mumble::thinks I can't read::mumble

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2020 11:11PM by Beth.

Date: December 16, 2020 11:00PM

No, no, no, no, no. I just think you have OTHER things to read too.

Date: December 16, 2020 11:12PM

okay. mollified somewhat

Date: December 19, 2020 06:27PM

I always miss what the word was meant to mean also.

Mumble Mumble thanks Aunt Lottie Mumble Mumble

Haha

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 07:39PM

Those were wonderful!

Thank you.

Date: December 16, 2020 09:26PM

Like the guy said the birds have souls and feelings. Sorry Dave.

Posted by: Adam that warrior ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 09:42PM

that abandoned goose had HEART. It had the power of BELIEF until it was souring in the air racing boats.

Date: December 16, 2020 09:30PM

I am afraid of three animals: the bear, the Canada goose, and the human

Date: December 16, 2020 09:40PM

hahaha, that's kind of why I stayed in the car from the stories you've told me of this dangerous bird but it seemingly does not look dangerous at first. Sneaky.

Date: December 16, 2020 09:43PM

It will seriously mess you up. Think of the nightmares you'll have for the rest of your life if one of those things jumps up, knocks you down, and breaks your nose with its wings.

Date: December 17, 2020 04:31AM

Or if they tried to poke my eyes out. Thaaaat would give me nightmares for the rest of my days.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: December 19, 2020 05:21PM

This is only mildly related, but my brother- and sister-in-law and their kids were in Busch Gardens on the fateful day and were witnesses to Fabio killing the (presumably non-Canadian) goose with his bare face. They didn't actually see the contact -- just the bloody aftermath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2020 05:23PM by scmd1.

Date: December 20, 2020 02:27AM

I totally forgot about that Fabio incident. So do you know what type of Goose it was? If indeed it was the Canada Goose then this would be a major piece of evidence in the validity of how dangerous they can become when in a group and they start to get a herd mentality and then form a mob mentality.

The more evidence gathered, the better the chance we have at having a case against these birds in a courtroom. If they don't start a fuss in the courtroom, which we all know they will do. This is why Bird Law was created to try to contain these Geese I pretty sure but do not quote me on that.

Everything I have learned about Bird Law was from Charlie Kelly from Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Not the strongest source but still its all I have.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 10:14PM

I can't even go to a park without getting chased out by those birds.

Date: December 16, 2020 11:49PM

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 11:42PM

Yes, it's an invasion. I had 9 Grey Gooses and they knocked me out.

Date: December 16, 2020 11:50PM

"Two shots of Grey Goose and a splash."

Date: December 17, 2020 09:29PM

Oh the old Grey Goose she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be. . .

Don't they sing that in preschool where you live?

Date: December 18, 2020 03:34AM

that kind of sounds like the song, "the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town." Haha ah memories.

Date: December 18, 2020 03:50AM

I was thinking of The Old Grey Mare but yes, the songs do sound similar.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 12:10AM

They're eerily similar. The one about the old grey goose begins with "Go tell Aunt Rhody the old grey goose is dead." The succeeding verses discuss how Aunt Rhody had been saving the old grey goose to make a feather bed, that the goose died in the mill pond while standing on her head, that she left nine little goslings to scratch for their own bread, that the gander is weeping, and that the goslings are crying. There are probably more verses, but I don't remember them. It's sung to the same melody as the first two lines of the LDS version of "Lord, Dismiss Us with Thy Blessing."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2020 12:11AM by scmd1.

Date: December 20, 2020 12:21AM

So many of those old ditties employ the same motifs. The same is true of Mother Goose, and frankly Shakespeare uses many of the same rhythms. Memorizing the old songs and tales predisposes a kid to good literature and good writing technique later in life.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 16, 2020 11:59PM

Thousands on the fields around me....can hear them overhead all winter. They make a hell of a mess in city parks. Warmer winters and lots of food on the ground keeps them here instead of heading south.

Date: December 17, 2020 12:15AM

Yes. I lived near a pond, and despite the numerous, huge signs saying "DO NOT FEED THE GEESE - THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO MIGRATE" people feed the geese, and they did not migrate.

I play golf once. Once. The people who convinced me that this is something that I should do knew me well enough to take me to the rinky dink municipal course so the marshals or sheriffs or whoever at the fancy course ban people for life would not ban them for life for bringing me. And it was drizzling.

So I'm out there unhappy as hell in freaking boat shoes hair froing out using right-handed clubs and only using the wedge and hitting the damn thing about 75% of the time and forgetting to get the stupid tee and holding the club like a batter and I'm like, "What the hell did you expect?" Meanwhile, the giant geese are like, "What the hell did you expect? We're going to turd all over the place so she can slip in it in her boat shoes and ban her for life from ever considering doing this dumb shit again."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2020 12:16AM by Beth.

Date: December 17, 2020 04:43AM

I did see these geese on the golf courses here as well. Man I think I really did stumble on a problem. And it all started with one Canada Goose in the river and it multiplied from there.

That one Canada Goose video is my number one viewed video for reasons unknown still. Been trying to solve the mystery of why this bird in particular got the most views and so quickly. Hmmm more research may be required to unravel this mystery.

It could be the Goose that lays the golden egg for me literally haha.

Date: December 17, 2020 01:26AM

And they fowl everywhere they go--or swim.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 17, 2020 06:16PM

I used to live in a place with ponds and geese. Yep, messy, especially in the spring. I discovered that if they came at me flapping wings and all, if I flapped my arms back, they would reassess the situation. I'm over 6', so my "wingspan" is about the same as theirs, and considerably higher off the ground.

One time I was carrying some of that light plastic orange fencing you sometimes see at small construction sites. I had to walk out into their nesting territory to fence off a hole in the ground. A couple of them came after me, but the roll of fencing gave me a much bigger wingspan, and that stopped them cold. They made unhappy noises but backed off. Intimidation works. I assume they recognized me, so their hearts probably weren't in the battle. I was just a nuisance.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 17, 2020 09:24PM

And then there's the blue goose ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rM30ihMZY

Date: December 18, 2020 03:37AM

Is that train from the fuuuuture?

Posted by: snagglepuss ( )
Date: December 18, 2020 04:34AM

I used to have fun watching Canadian goose bowling on a frozen pond next to my dorm. BIG bird would fly in, put down his landing gear, and slide in out of control knocking over brown ducks everywhere. Ten pins with feathers and angry bird sound effects.

Date: December 19, 2020 06:42PM

Check out the ice skating ducks i caught on camera. Synchronized together the four white ducks ice skating or playing hockey. Maybe the mighty Ducks got inspired by ducks on the ice like this.

Its after the squirrel part.

Aaaaaand action.

https://youtu.be/uJEw8hk0RA4

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 09:59PM

Holy Frijole! What a beauty! Art Deco streamline decor and a cyclops headlight!

Trains are what has kept me sane during this Isolation Year. My Man & I have been following the three live YouTube cams of the Tehachapi Loop, the town of Tehachapi, and a portion of track between the loop & town. It's been a real hoot for us old folks.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 01:08AM

Reports of the southern encroachment of vicious "Canadianized Geese" are coming in from all over sub-Canada. The extra aggressive "murder ducks" are driving out gentler species, such as a poor slob just trying to have a smoke break by a park pond. Drop the cancer stick and run pal, these honkers bite hard.

Date: December 20, 2020 02:33AM

Don't smoke a cancer stick. Used to back in the day though.

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 12:10PM

Well said. You should consider a career in writing! LOL.
Just remember that you heard it from me first.

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 08:43AM

I thought they went to Cancun for Christmas.

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 09:43PM

Well, some Canadian geese stopped off at a North Las Vegas city park with a pond & waterfall, liked it, and decided to stay. All year long. Including our infamous summers. Seriously, I swear they aren't bothered by either excessive heat or excessive cold. It must be their down insulation protecting them from the wild weather swings.

Date: December 20, 2020 11:14PM

Woh woh woooooh, It's Canada Geese not Canadian Geese.

Phew! Close one. We're ok Canada we're ok here. I fixed the error hopefully soon enough so no one gets too angry.

Saying Canada Geese correctly is sacred and should never be a secret when you say their title wrong.

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 08:59AM

Do you know why geese fly in a V formation?

Date: December 20, 2020 09:09AM

josephssmmyth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you know why geese fly in a V formation?

Birds like it better than any of the 25 other possible choices.

Ha Ha Ha!

Date: December 20, 2020 09:11AM

Ok Ok, Maybe on a more serious note, do you know why one side is always longer than the other?

Date: December 20, 2020 09:14AM

josephssmmyth Wrote:
> Ok Ok, Maybe on a more serious note, do you know
> why one side is always longer than the other?

It's because there are more birds on that side.

..sorry ;]

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: December 20, 2020 12:23PM

One of the funniest things I've seen was while waiting in a corporate lobby. It was in a business park and the CEO (with whom we were about to have a meeting) was outside trying to chase away the geese that had been pooping all over the sidewalk. Shuffling about, flapping his arms, shouting, making animal noises... The geese would move a few inches, let go a stream of poo, and go back to their goose business. I thought, no wonder this company is losing money. This is what the CEO is worried about.

Date: December 20, 2020 12:49PM

olderelder Wrote:
> One of the funniest things I've seen was while
> waiting in a corporate lobby. It was in a business
> park and the CEO (with whom we were about to have
> a meeting) was outside trying to chase away the
> geese that had been pooping all over the sidewalk.
> Shuffling about, flapping his arms, shouting,
> making animal noises... The geese would move a few
> inches, let go a stream of poo, and go back to
> their goose business. I thought, no wonder this
> company is losing money. This is what the CEO is
> worried about.

The Peabody doesn't have a duck problem anymore, everyday they have two ceremonies to the penthouse and back!
Yes, using the historic Memphis hotel elevator for transport.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NTF-DYgCeoE

Date: December 20, 2020 05:24PM

Heeeeello beautiful at the beginning.

I think I saw my friend Donald on that red carpet.

Knew he was going places.

Date: December 20, 2020 05:32PM

"Hey beautiful the names Adam. I like ducks, you like ducks."

-the beginnings of a beautiful relationship.

Date: December 20, 2020 05:20PM

Haha nice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.