Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: December 22, 2020 02:02PM

Part of the chat we did today for the winter solstice that had the following:

Break the mold of religious conditioning
Return to spirit, one soul at a time

So it got me thinking about religious conditioning in Christian Churches. Part of my religious conditioning would be:
Follow leaders and do not speak negatively against them
Your local leaders speak for God in your area
Pay 10% of your income for tithing not 10% of your increase
Read BoM and know its true

Now I see a change in Church. Its all about Christ. I went to a small get together yesterday and we looked at some videos about Christmas. Some of the videos from Church members are all about exploiting a market to make money but at same time giving the impression they have the "spirit of Christ." It was great gospel rock and members are just gobbling this up. This is coming to an LDS Church near you.
They also had the whole video of Dusty playing the piano with the young girl. This was suppose to be a private family gathering. No wait, it was a setup to make us feel the spirit of Christ. Everyone was going "wow that is so wonderful." I am going "they sure are using that young girl." I just watched a whole documentary of the Ramsey and how their little girl was girl and how she was a child model.
We were going to watch the new Church video on the Birth of Christ. We had a person of color in our group who is not a member and she indicated that there were no people of color in it. Therefore it does not represent to the times. That lead into a discussion of whiteness and white privilege. So we did not watch it!!! I watched religious conditioning in action as TBM agreed she was right but at same time do not realize how white the BoM is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 22, 2020 02:21PM

Bonneville, HeartSell.. be very very careful it's the slickest routine you'll probably ever encounter in this lifetime, heh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.