Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: December 31, 2020 11:12AM

I am seriously considering starting the new year with a new status of former member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I see on this site that the address to submit resignations is:

msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

but since Mormons hate "LDS" almost as much as "Mormon," I was wondering if it had been changed to msr-confrec@churchofjesuschrist.org, or something like that.

I suppose the old address will automatically forward to the new address, but I was wondering if anyone had any experice with this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 31, 2020 11:31AM

You can give the recommended email addy a try. If for some reason it doesn't work, a mailed resignation would be a good backup plan. Do let us know how it goes.

Date: January 02, 2021 09:12AM

I composed the email, but I balked at clicking “send.” I’m not 100% sure why I’m hesitating. I can’t disappoint my parents, they’ve been dead for years. I do have a couple of siblings that are very TBM, but they’re also non-judgmental.

Today (2 January) is the anniversary of me receiving my mission call, so today would be appropriate. Maybe today will be the day.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 31, 2020 02:56PM

I'm waiting for the phone number where I can resign via text message. You see, I have faith!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 31, 2020 03:03PM

Go, go, CrispingPin! I'm really looking forward to congratulating you (and I love your posts too ;-).

Date: January 02, 2021 09:16AM

You love my posts? I’m deeply flattered. Thanks.

I sometimes think of my posts the same way I thought about prayers (back when I prayed): There might not be anyone listening, but I benefit from organizing and expressing my thoughts.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 31, 2020 04:29PM

Science lesson 12A:

Sometimes it is easier to do the experiment yourself than to search around and see if someone else has done it. That's how we generally deal with doors that might be locked.

Try it. That will make you the resident expert on whether or not it works. It's actually a reasonable question that I would not have considered.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 31, 2020 04:34PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's how we generally deal with doors that might be locked.

With that quip BoJ joins us on the Dark Side. Absolutely brilliant!

Date: January 02, 2021 09:05AM

I like science lessons, and I’d love to be the expert on something. ;)

I composed the email, but I haven’t clicked “send” yet. I suppose I still have a fantasy about being excommunicated for being an apostate, but I don’t think they do that any more.

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 02, 2021 10:04AM

CrispingPin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like science lessons, and I’d love to be the
> expert on something. ;)
>
> I composed the email, but I haven’t clicked
> “send” yet. I suppose I still have a fantasy
> about being excommunicated for being an apostate,
> but I don’t think they do that any more.

I had to send in my resignation letter to a friend who had actually become Bishop and it took a while for the usual processing, it was sent along with my second hand written copy to SLC headquarters. Such a new and bold move back then for me and the entire world of Mormonism.
The smaller conflicting feelings were easily settled by finally realizing if proud proud LDS leaders would ever be able to really do the right thing, my last breath would have long ago passed.

The return letters were perfect, full of stupid fear and guilt and shame and everything that would never ever cage me again!

What a strangely serene trod of faith it was, one step placed firmly in front of the other.

Walking toward something much better they knew nothing about.

I left out the part in both letters where if I ever would gather the strength they would surely hear more from me and might not be too happy with maybe experiencing what one person can really truly accomplish sometimes. It would have been a waste of time mentioning anything like that though, heh.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 01:21PM

DEMAND an UNbaptism

Say you want to be brought up out of the water! You want your records melted down!

SEND IN your old 'tithing "reciepts"', ALL your old mormon books, test results (from 'primarry'), grimmy garmies, LDS paraphernalia, propaganda, and other asorted - and unedited [unless you have a MORMONTHINK.com self-inking rubber-wood stamp], unsorted - trash.

POSTMARK your email/ letter to the DAY BEFORE you were baptized on lies.

That'll teach 'em to Teach and Preach and Beach Heaven, Each, though it's out of Reach.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.