Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cindysue ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 12:13AM

just wondering after all these years of being told walls don't work why they seem to be working in DC. just wondering. i remember the pope saying we should be building bridges, not walls. of course he already had his wall. just wondering how things work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 12:33AM

Walls work just fine if you staff them with 500 police officers per mile.

But you knew that.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 12:40AM

How well did the walls in Washington fare on January 6?

But you know the answer.

Date: February 19, 2021 12:45AM

====How well did the walls in Washington fare on January 6?

But you know the answer.====

the walls were put there after jan 6..or were YOU not paying attention?

Date: February 19, 2021 12:51AM

cindysue, you embarrass yourself.

The Capitol is comprised of walls. They existed before January 6 and they exist now. The point, which apparently eludes you, is that the walls were far from adequate to prevent interlopers from breaching them.

Just like the recent reports from the southern border, where people have cut holes through (I doff my bonnet) The Wall. Even your Dear Leader has conceded that walls alone won't stop people. But you should have known that.

Perhaps you should go back to telling us that it is "disrepectful" to use harsh language when discussing your hero, whose language is neither sexist nor racist; neither abusive nor dishonest.

Or are you too walled in by your own ignorance to see that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2021 02:00AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: synonymous ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 12:43AM

Walls clearly didn't work on January 6. Violent insurrectionists were scaling them fairly easily. Or were you not paying attention?

Date: February 19, 2021 12:44AM

You can say that again!

Date: February 19, 2021 12:49AM

i'm talking about the new fencing that seems to be working. you people!!!!

Date: February 19, 2021 12:53AM

If you are talking about fencing, say fencing. Otherwise people will assume you mean what your words say.

Date: February 19, 2021 12:57AM

my bad...thanks for fixing things so everyone now knows about the fence that seems to be working.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 01:25AM

It worked January 20th - well, the fence and 1,400 national guard troops. which was my point upthread. Put a million troops along the border, a fence will work just fine.

Meanwhile, Fisher Sand and Gravel of Dickinson, ND, were thrilled to get a $1.3 billion contract to build the border fence. Even by North Dakota standards, Dickinson is near the middle of nowhere (the actual middle of nowhere is Marmarth, largest city in Slope County, ND, population 143).

There has to be a good story behind how that contract got let.

What about the Canadian invasion? You think that Texas storm was just coincidence?? We have a 7,000 mile border with Canada (about half of it is with Alaska). That'd be some serious fence.

When a Tim Horton's shows up in SLC, be very afraid.

Date: February 19, 2021 01:54AM

cindysue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my bad...thanks for fixing things so everyone now
> knows about the fence that seems to be working.

What are you on about now? Are you advocating a fence instead of a wall on the southern border? Because that is what you started with--people talking about walls that don't work, obviously a reference to Trump's unimpressive erection.

Now you say that you meant a fence, and not just an ordinary fence but the one around the Capitol. Yet even there you're argument is fatuous, for it isn't the fence that prevents unwanted entry but the police and national guard forces who man that fence.

Do you seriously think a fence without guards would prevent a kid from jumping into his neighbor's yard or a thief from cutting into a storage facility? Perhaps you can change your topic yet again and hope that it, stated with characteristic certainty and condescension, proves persuasive.

Posted by: synonymous ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 01:48AM

If you meant "fence," it was misleading to mention the Vatican wall, which is an actual wall.

Walls, fences, and other barriers tend to be effective when a raging mob of tens of thousands of orc-people aren't actively trying to overrun them like some real-time American version of the Battle of Helm's Deep.

Date: February 19, 2021 01:56AM

Walls work. Walls don't work. The pope has walls. The walls in Washington were put there after January 6.

I meant fences, dammit! Why can't you idiots see that?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.