Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kilgravma ( )
Date: February 26, 2021 08:17AM

Parley claims that when he spoke to religous leaders and told them that he believed in Jesus Christ, they told him that he needed to have an experience of "religion", so they didn't baptize him. Never heard of that, you'd think belief in Jesus would be the primary thing needed.

On his way home from a meeting once, he saw a freaky red laser light show, that showed a compass shape among other things.

He says he got arrested for supposedly made up reasons and just ran away. When the officer watching over him set his dog after him. Parley cleverly pointed ahead of himself saying "get em boy" or something like that.

If my friend told me all these stories. I'd probably think he was full of it.

Though I did have a cousin, that would get in crazy situations frequently. Maybe Parley was like that as well, but his hand in the mayhem is getting scrubbed from the stories?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 26, 2021 07:57PM

PPP used to "listen" to his "little head," rather than his big head.

Seriously, that's what got him killed even though Mormons insist he was a martyr.

Well, except for Brigham Young. His scribe recorded, "Parley's gone a whoring."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2021 01:14PM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 27, 2021 12:34AM

Why doesn’t Seminary mention how church leaders died with any accuracy?

- JS, unsuccessful sedition.
- BY, arsenic.
- PPP, husband whose wife he stole.

The common theme is polygamy and its egregious treatment of women. Organizations don’t change after their cultures are baked in. The church is permanently racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and greedy. But hey, if it’s your thing knock yourself out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2021 12:42AM by bradley.

Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: February 27, 2021 02:49AM

That is rich. Do you have a source for the "gone a whoring" quote? I'd love to read that.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 27, 2021 01:20PM

I heard it from Will Bagley, but he's in a care center, and I haven't been able to communicate with him.

From memory, Will said he was certain BY used the story of Pratt's death as a lesson for others.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 27, 2021 08:25PM

"There’s a convenient website to learn about Pratt. It’s at http://jared.pratt-family.org/ I peruse it often, eager to learn more about this amazing man, who lived a half a century and died a violent death, pursued by a cuckold whose wife he had married. (Brigham Young referred to Pratt’s activities as “whoring,” but there was no prurience in Pratt’s actions. His theology on earth saw no conflict in taking the unhappy wife, and Mormon convert, of a drunken spousal abuser as his own plural wife. His placid acceptance of his own violent death adds support to this assessment.)"

Posted by: Belle ( )
Date: February 27, 2021 10:29PM

:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.