Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: March 08, 2021 10:58AM

I sent an e-mail to my parents and my older brothers telling them about the Netflix documentary Murder Among the Mormons. After watching it, I gave them an e-mail comment:

"Really good documentary. The attention was more on Hofmann and his family and less towards anything non-supportive of LDS inc. A lot of important details were left out of it. To this day, we have no idea how many forgeries are out there both LDS and USA documents. Wow! He duped the FBI and major scientific tools to test for validity. Incredible."

One of my brothers responds:

"Hofmann was good at forgeries and not so good with bombs--he's died."

I replied:

"He isn't dead. He would have gotten the firing squad if the church took the witness stand. The church didn't want to reveal any more facts on the record than you need to know to keep you in your pew singing and paying tithing. The white salamander was not an accidental thing. It wasn't like "poof" i'll throw a lizard into the mix to make it funny. There is actually a history in the Smith family of this kind of magic talk and white lizards. Mark knew then what I wished I knew all along in my life but he spent his money like a fool and got behind the curve and made a very bad choice in life."

My Brother replied:

"I sent a follow-up email saying he is in prison. I guess you didn’t receive it, but, it is in my sent box. We all lived through and know about the lizard story. Sounds like you are just learning about it? I don’t like your attacks on the church. Your next reply will be deleted."

So after reading his last reply, I thought to myself, if my bro really knew about the lizard stuff all along, that would mean he had an idea the church was fake a very long time before I went on my mission...why didn't he tell me these things when he was pushing me to serve my mission? I can understand why a person would want to live a life of denial to preserve a belief in something that is not real. But, how can someone go out of their way to promote such B.S. to their own family and others knowing full well its dog shit? This makes me really F___ing mad!!! How dare you promote this shit to me and then shut me down when I found out it is a lie MF'r!!! I am pist!

I wrote back:

"I wished there was a delete button that I could have used on people like you when I was younger. When did fact finding/truth telling ever become an attack on anyone or anything? You are completely brain dead."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 08, 2021 11:06AM

... mormons and their unique relationship certain foundational truths. Facts optional.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.