Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 03:11PM

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I just saw an ad on the TV inviting people who had been abused by the Mormon church to call in. It claims that laws have recently changed and there is now something that victims might gain from the Mormon Church if they were once abussed.

The second time I saw this advert it sounded more like maybe the Mormon church itself was inviting people to call in and talk with someone about their abuse. Couldn't that possibly be MORE abuse?

Does anyone know what is going on here? Am I, once again, showing how much I am out of the loop?

It somehow sounds a bit fishy to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 03:23PM

This one?
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/oHmM/ava-law-group-inc-abused-in-mormonism

There are lots of them.
Tim Kosnoff is the lawyer who won millions suing the abusive CULT on my friends behalf.
https://kosnoff.com/mormonchurch/

I encourage anybody who was abused and silenced by the church to contact Tim Kosnoff, who will make you rich off of the richest abusive CULT in America.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 03:31PM

Yes, that's the one. So it's legit! About time.

What laws have changed to make this possible? The ad I watched said that recent changes in the law now make it possible to seek damages from the Mormon church.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 04:50PM

I have not heard what laws have changed to make it easier to sue them. I just know 20yrs ago my friends sued the abusive CULT and were each awarded millions, in an out of court settlement which included a Non-Disclosure Agreement, so they can’t talk about it. I just know they all retired long before me with multiple homes in secluded places with no money worries for the rest of their lives.
The abusive CULT is a lot more savy than the Catholic Church and buys people’s silence for millions to keep these cases from going to a jury trial.
I didn’t sign any agreement and I can talk about it all I want, fortunately. I’d rather have that freedom than the millions of dollars.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.