Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 05:22AM

I know that Spring is really on its way. How?? I just found the first spider of the season in my bathtub. They never lie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 08:55AM

We're getting a spurt of warm weather this week. It was around 70 degrees yesterday, and it felt great. The temperature will flip back and forth for a while. Still, it's lifting my mood considerably -- that, and knowing that we are at the beginning of the end of the pandemic.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 09:23AM

Reminds me of the "prophecy" attributed to Joseph Smith that in the last days we'd only know the seasons by looking at the leaves on the trees.

Though....yesterday I bought bug barrier and tuesday had the outside of the house sprayed.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: March 11, 2021 03:52AM

We got a cat. Haven't seen a bug or mouse since.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 13, 2021 01:19AM

We have TWO cats. They hate spiders too. They will go after things with 6 legs, but they draw the line at 8.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 13, 2021 09:05AM

My cat goes on bug patrol every morning as soon as it gets light. OTOH, he has been known to befriend crickets. He will lie down beside a cricket to keep it company. I'm not sure what the difference is in his mind.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 10:48AM

For me it is that as they weather warms up I can continue restoring my motorhome. It is a 34' 2000 Gulfstream with one slide out.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 11:28AM

Not so fast! Did the spider see its shadow?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 12:46PM

Did the itsy bitsy spider go back up the water spout?

It is feeling more like spring. A patch of snow melted and there was a new green weed growing under it already. I saw two bugs outside (box elder types) walking around yesterday.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 05:19PM

in Cache County, but yesterday we had 4 inches of snow. Talk about a downer. This winter has seemed so long, like a year long. It is much nicer today and most of the snow melted.

I know I already saw a spider a few weeks ago and it is usually COLD here, so didn't seem like spring. I have also seen box elder bugs. Maybe the sound of the neighbor kids screaming makes it feel like spring. I have the sliding glass doors open just to have the nice fresh air come in the house.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 11, 2021 12:16AM

Was it the size of a Buick ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5BngxRWLg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2021 12:22AM by Dave the Atheist.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.