Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 01:05PM

There is nothing special about LDS prophets. The members follow the system. You just need a stuffed suit and to make a few meaningless administrative changes here and there and the crowd goes wild. The prophet actually did something! He’s so inspired! What a bunch of saps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 01:32PM

Yes ^^^ to these thoughts. When members have been taught since they were left in nursery, as young as age 2, to bow and sing and praise the profit of the church the indoctrination does its mighty trick and duty (even when there "is nothing special about LDS prophets")

Yep, "the members follow of the system"....it just becomes second-nature, like eating lots of bowls of green jello. And gawd, you might not even like green jello but everyone around you, your friends and fam, are doing it.

In my own case I was spared a fair amount of the indoctrination both at home and by my attending church only sparingly, BUTT, my community and my friends were LDS and by this continued social interaction the messages of the church were creeping in; I was basically unconscious of the church's strength and power to rule my life.

Before I knew it in my teen years I was thinking that the church way would be my amazing and special train-ride to happiness and life after death. I started to envision "only" a temple marriage which I saw was needed to get to the CK.

So, I was off and running.... And, there began the nightmare.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 01:39PM

And while we EXMOs congratulate ourselves on having figured out the con, the momos are puffed in their pride, because they have the necessary faith...because "mormons just believe...“

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 01:52PM

I took a self defense course and the instructor who served in a special forces unit and had combat experience said more people have been killed by their own egos th anything else. He said you need to understand reality and not believe the illusions we all have about ourselves or what we belong to. We need realistic humility.

What Mormons lack is realistic humility. They always have. They got themselves killed and ran out of places in the early days of the church. Brigham was able to grow the church big enough and powerful enough in isolation it’s managed to survive. What will keep the church going is it has lot’s of money. It doesn’t even need the members anymore. But the leadership seems to like having power over gullible people.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 03:14PM

Yes, power over people is intoxicating. Why they need and are taught to stand as the leaders inter a room! And, to be in demand as the spokesman for GAWD herself has to be mind blowing. And, they are in charge with the supposed-priesthood-halo-glow surrounding their (big) heads.

What a trip! To have the mormon crowd and adolations following them constantly. Plus, the plush accomodations for each of them, plus members of their family. All sooo intoxicating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2021 03:18PM by presleynfactsrock.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.