Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: April 17, 2021 05:08PM

I recently was in SLC and had dinner with my ex TBM wife. Out of the blue she says she is sorry for raising the kids LDS and pushing the religion on me while we were married. I let her off easy mainly because I knew she was Mormon when I married her and should have known better. I'm glad we get along but I'm sorry we are divorced.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 17, 2021 05:12PM

Did she say what caused her change of heart? And how are your children doing?

Date: April 18, 2021 01:37AM

She never said what changed her mind and I never asked. The children are fine as I got custody of them during the divorce.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 17, 2021 05:17PM

That's a generous apology. Most people wouldn't ever consider offering such a mea culpa.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 10:40AM

When a person makes a mistake (here, a big one: divorce), it would be natural to find a good excuse or other party to blame. In this case, LDS. If she lost not only her marriage, but also custody of the children, that's a biggie. She may be suffering major regrets.

Not only do we not know the parties, but the OP has provided minimal information. But I wouldn't be surprised if by subtracting LDS from the equation, she's looking for a way to "factor" herself back in.

Edit: Knowing her thoughts & feelings about LDS would tell lots and is worth exploring. Two speculations: she is one of many who has learned the truth about The One True Church, and is brave enough to face that. And/or, she learned that a divorcee's prospects for an eternal companion are dim. OP: I sense yours was not a temple marriage?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2021 10:48AM by caffiend.

Date: April 19, 2021 09:01PM

Not a temple marriage but was pressured for 15 years. Custody was not based on her being a bad parent, children wanted to live with me.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 19, 2021 09:05PM

Hey, so she wasn't a bad parent... You were just a better parent, in the kids' eyes.

Does anyone else's opinion count?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.