Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 17, 2021 11:21PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-military-intelligence-60-minutes-2021-05-16/

The government has released videos recently of UFOs that multiple US Navy pilots witnessed and provided testimony of.
One of the Air Force pilots said he saw UFO's every day for over 200 days over the North Atlantic and that he doesn't know what it is, but if it's another country, we are in deep shit, because we're waaaay behind technologically. We are being watched every day, especially our military bases. One leaked Navy UFO video I saw the other day showed an orb that came down and went under the sea. US Navy Pilots have been reporting these things for decades.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/ufo-disappears-into-ocean-in-newly-leaked-navy-video/2817126/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: May 17, 2021 11:55PM

Nope, didn't catch it. Probably won't, because I don't care.

Was an anal probe mentioned? (Bloomp!)

Date: May 18, 2021 12:10AM

Space Pineapple Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope, didn't catch it. Probably won't, because I
> don't care.
>
> Was an anal probe mentioned? (Bloomp!)

No.
Nobody they interviewed had any kind of a close encounter and the images are grainy/cloudy but the interesting thing to me is that the US Government is validating these frequent sightings by military pilots, who, for the most part, have remained silent up until now because of the ridicule they’d get for talking about UFO sightings.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 03:12AM

“Nope, didn't catch it. Probably won't, because I don't care.”

Nobody cares until after the anal probe.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 10:44PM

lmao ------

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 03:19PM

If I was the architect for a colonoscopy facility, I'd totally design it to look like a flying saucer.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 03:28PM

We may be on the cusp of a new twist in alien conspiracy theory, from "the government is hiding aliens from us" to "the government is manufacturing aliens to scare us into giving them more of our tax money."

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 12:21AM

Watched it. Mildly amusing.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 01:18AM

Rubbish

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 01:48AM

I'm not sure about that.

These reports have been coming from credible sources for several years now. An unidentified flying object (or whatever the preferred acronym may be) is simply something that hasn't been identified, whether it is a visual distortion, an object emanating from another country or some private-sector actor, or an extraterrestrial entity. Saying that pilots saw some strange things doesn't lead to any definite conclusions.

If evidence exists, it should be investigated so we can understand what it is and what it is not. That seems the logical choice to me.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 01:50AM

You want mere human beings to turn UFOs into IFOs?

Date: May 18, 2021 01:54AM

Take EOD, for instance.

Many people think he is an alien or at least an extraterrestrial, which is almost as bad. Others say he is a medical experiment gone horribly wrong. I say we can't know for sure until the results of the anal probe are released.

Is it wrong to want evidence before reaching a conclusion?

Date: May 18, 2021 02:02AM

As my people are fond of saying, “Puny Earthling!”

Date: May 18, 2021 02:02AM

And yet it is you who are shooting with a .22 weapon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2021 02:03AM by Lot's Wife.

Date: May 18, 2021 01:54AM

evidence does not exist

Date: May 18, 2021 02:01AM

Reports from pilots and airplane instruments are evidence. They could be misreadings or some other sort of bad evidence, but they are evidence. At some point these instances reach the point where they should be investigated seriously.

Again, I am reaching no conclusions.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 06:33AM

I agree with Lottie. Professional, trained, experienced pilots are reporting odd events. It may just be weather phenomena, but there is nothing wrong with investigating these events. I think the chances of it being aliens are negligible.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 03:29AM

That's the way I am about ghosts. Plenty of people who don't have an agenda say they've encountered ghosts, or spiritual entities, but I am -- so far-- unpersuaded. I'm not sure what I'd find persuasive, either: even if I had an encountered, I might explain it as some sort of natural phenomenon.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 10:25AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> evidence does not exist

I would suspect that if there were evidence, there’s a remote possibility that whoever held said evidence may have forgotten to inform you personally.

Posted by: FireFox ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 07:43PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> evidence does not exist

It does and the Pentagon has it. If an object is picked up on visual by military pilots, infrared and radar, that's credible. They are seen daily. The question is not whether they are there but who builds them. There is a good argument for saying some are manmade.

Date: May 18, 2021 07:47PM

Which is a deeply unnerving possibility since it raises the question which country is operating those things around the United States.

That which is unidentified should be identified.

Posted by: FireFox ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 09:06PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> Which is a deeply unnerving possibility since it
> raises the question which country is operating
> those things around the United States.
>
> That which is unidentified should be identified.

That's the scary bit. Some of tbe UAP are natural, but others are clearly under intelligent control. No military likes to admit they are being outclassed by someone else. None of the incidents in 60 Minutes involve an attack, but they do involve surveillance.

Some of these are American so they are testing advanced drones against their own forces. That makes some sense. If the pilots don't know that then it's a real simulation.

The Russians and the Chinese are the only other possibilities. Anerican allies wouldn't use advanced vehicles against the USA. No one in Latin America or Africa could build these.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 09:17AM

As a certified alien I know they exist.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 09:53AM

Been an astronomy buff since I was a kid and as a fan of sci-fi I kinda hope there is something or someone out there..but if there is and they possess the technology to get here...the "Independence Day" scenario would probably be the end result after they got a look at how fucked up humanity has gotten itself.

Date: May 18, 2021 10:22AM

I like to think if they are advanced enough to get here, that they would value other life forms. But who knows, right? Hopefully first contact would be with the Vulcans and not the Klingons. Or God forbid, the Borg.

Posted by: The original MOI! ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 11:16AM

I could see aliens study earth for a moment, then put out warning buoys to stay the hell away once they start studying the 'woke' BS and all other psychotic abnormalities that's going on. Hell, they may even do the cosmos a huge favor and vaporize us to keep this crap from spreading. LOL!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 11:49AM

Do tell us more about woke BS, and how it poses a clear and present danger to extraterrestrial visitors.

While you are at it, explain how extraterrestrials would feel about the current tsunami of legislation designed to stop the herds of boys who are apparently planning to go transgender, because they really really want a state champion girls softball trophy to call their very own.

I do find it interesting that you think extraterrestrials would share your political leanings.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 10:53AM

I agree with you summer, I would hope that if advanced life forms have made their way here, that they would value us, but look what happened when "advanced" civilizations went exploring in other parts of our earth; no respect or value for the indigenous peoples; in fact, disease and death came to them.

I'm hoping next month, when the government fesses up about UFO's that we'll find out they really are advanced technologies from other countries on our planet.

Date: May 18, 2021 02:56PM

I don't think aliens would find us all that interesting. It would be as if we went to study a remote tribe off on an island somewhere. We might be of interest to their equivalent of anthropologists, but likely not anyone else.

Date: May 18, 2021 02:58PM

Or earth as a possible source of resources. . .

Maybe they like plastic. . . or nuclear waste. . . or greenhouse gases.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 11:12AM

I've reached no conclusions, but I'm not convinced of much from that show or their accounts.

I could only watch the first part of the story on TV, but I got the feeling they wanted to plant alien and spy sensationalism more than the mundane things. I want to know how exactly they ruled out various space junk debris that can bounce around, seem erratic or glow or whatever. Space junk orbiting Earth has been reported to be reaching a critical point in volume. Seeing how China handled their recent rocket re-entry, it seems plausible there would be "UFOs" aplenty. Small pieces of comets and meteors can in weird ways too.

I'm open to to anything, but little grey men and Star Trek might be influencing how people view things, if you know what I mean. We like to jump to the most implausible things over things less exciting.

Posted by: Foxfire ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 07:36PM

"I want to know how exactly they ruled out various space junk debris that can bounce around, seem erratic or glow or whatever. "

Watch the footage and listen to what the pilots say. Some of these things were hovering over the sea below the pilots and then ascending above them, mimicking the movements of the aircraft and suddenly accelerating horizontally at vast speeds. Space junk doesn't do any of these things.

Advanced human technology is more plausible than space junk.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 11:32AM

I've had my experiences with flying saucers, so I believe in all this stuff, it's no lie. I saw one zooming buy on it's way to spy on our Air Force base in Layton, And one of my uncles almost got abducted when doing his business outside. The Aliens are interested in our genitalia for some reason I have no idea why? They shot a bright beam at him at night from the sky, and it scared him S***less.

NO exaggeration, This stuff is real!

Date: May 18, 2021 11:56AM

Your BS detector is wired completely backwards.

Oh, and your uncle just peed on an electrified fence. That will make you see flashes of light and perturb your genitals.

Occam’s Razor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2021 12:00PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: May 18, 2021 12:22PM

Brother of Jerry, Alien Being apologist!

Do they pay you by the event, or are you on a straight salary?

The Earth used to be advertised at a Veritable Paradise.

But now we're a Fixer Upper, heading for Condemned.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 12:27PM

His neuralizer only works in person

Date: May 18, 2021 01:43PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> The Earth used to be advertised at a Veritable
> Paradise.
>
> But now we're a Fixer Upper, heading for
> Condemned.

Agreed. I can imagine one alien telling another how to get to earth: head towards the sun in that little solar system and look for the trash heap. You can't miss it.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/d1b9928a92041c35f90019449c25597f/tumblr_nzthsowCyw1rdht56o1_r1_400.gif

What an ignominious way to impress the neighbors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2021 02:52PM by Lot's Wife.

Date: May 18, 2021 02:32PM

LOL. I said nothing about aliens one way of the other. macaRomney has been bass-ackwards on a great many things - disbelieving the existence of Neanderthals, believing in the Noah flood story as being correct, though perhaps slightly distorted, not believing the sun is powered by hydrogen fusion, and I could go on.

He tends to be deeply skeptical of things that are widely or universally accepted, and deeply accepting of things where skepticism would be warranted, like UFOs buzzing In and Out Burger in Layton.

My comment upthread was about being surprised the poster knew the political leanings of the extraterrestrials. I offered no opinion as to their existence.

Actually, I am pretty sure there are extraterrestrials. That they look like us except for funny noses and foreheads (a la Star Trek) is a little harder to believe, and that they are flying around earth stealing socks from dryers - ummm, no.

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 02:59PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
> LOL. I said nothing about aliens one way of the
> other. macaRomney has been bass-ackwards on a
> great many things - disbelieving the existence of
> Neanderthals, believing in the Noah flood story as
> being correct, though perhaps slightly distorted,
> not believing the sun is powered by hydrogen
> fusion, and I could go on.

Wow. Yikes.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 03:27PM

Humans have taken out a reverse mortgage for a house they didn't pay for and have no equity in.

Date: May 18, 2021 02:59PM

macaRomney should write for South Park.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2021 03:00PM by Lot's Wife.

Date: May 18, 2021 02:14PM

Ghawd and the Aliens suffer from the same malady: indifference.

Or maybe they figure that you don't really learn to walk if someone picks you up and carries you?

And if "Life" is so plentiful in the universe, who cares how many die needlessly, as long as it's not anyone you care about?

I remain hopeful of only one thing, that they don't like dark meat.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 03:15PM

Aliens may be among us but why do they only choose to appear in a grove of trees to someone like Joe Smith or only want to anal probe someone named Bubba on a lonely road late at night?

Date: May 18, 2021 03:23PM

The aliens came here looking for intelligent life, met Joseph Smith, and then decided to look in Bubba and other more promising places.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2021 04:10PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 07:53PM

!!

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 04:15PM

Why are these videos always cloudy and grainy?

The U.S. military, equipped with the finest imaging technology in the world, with orbiting satellites that reportedly can read vehicle license plates, is only able to release cloudy and grainy videos of these objects. Not suspicious at all.

Let me know when they give us a hi-res video of Gidney and Cloyd engaging in an aerial dogfight with Quisp.

Date: May 18, 2021 06:30PM

These are just the videos that ‘leaked’. The US Government has verified they are real, so, if you can’t trust the US Government then who can you trust?
Haha, these videos alone look no better than any “Bigfoot video” but what convinced me they were legitimate was the eyewitness accounts of real high technology spacecraft that can outperform anything known to man.

Date: May 18, 2021 06:33PM

I bet the Aliens don't want to contact us because they're racists and don't like to mingle with their inferiors.

Date: May 18, 2021 07:44PM

You are not alone.
Michio Kaku thinks trying to make contact with Aliens is a terrible idea, based upon how contact worked out for natives we contacted in the past.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/futurist-michio-kaku-calls-contacting-aliens-a-terrible-idea/ar-BB1fkgYM

We are not even a type 1 Civilization
If they are interstellar they are already a type 2 Civilization, and perhaps a type 3, intergalactic.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 08:56PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> ... if you can’t trust the US Government then who can
> you trust?

The million $$ question. :)

Date: May 18, 2021 07:27PM

You'll notice one of the pilots said they were picking up these things on a DAILY basis. Not just visuals, but radar and infrared detection. You'll also notice one of the other pilots said if she had spotted one of these objects by herself, she would not have reported it for fear of ridicule. (See some comments above for examples.)

This tallies with what my uncle told me. He was high up in the Royal Air Force, so got to hear about many such sightings. He said they were pretty common but pilots were told not to talk about their experiences. Some pilots would never even report them officially.

UAP are a perfect example of what shouldn't happen but does. Some of them appear to act intelligently. During the Cold War, the Soviets were blamed, but pilots saw similar things in WW2 long before the Soviets were remotely capable of building anything like that. If any humans are building them it would have to be the USA, but some of these appear to be decades ahead of current military technology.

Date: May 18, 2021 07:38PM

To me, it doesn't make sense for them to say they are seen EVERY DAY and then complain they are afraid to say anything for fear of ridicule.

Something seen every day seems like something they could prepare systems to compile and study better. All the mystery smacks of bogus conspiracy stories to me. It could be flecks of paint flying off the plane for all I can tell.

Date: May 18, 2021 07:49PM

dagny Wrote:
> It could be flecks of paint flying off the
> plane for all I can tell.

Which is possible. It would be nice to know for sure.

When it comes to national defense, the unidentified should be identified.

Date: May 18, 2021 08:16PM

Sounds like a job for the Space Farce!

Date: May 18, 2021 09:36PM

Blasphemy!

Date: May 18, 2021 08:52PM

dagny Wrote:
> To me, it doesn't make sense for them to say they
> are seen EVERY DAY and then complain they are
> afraid to say anything for fear of ridicule.
>
> Something seen every day seems like something they
> could prepare systems to compile and study better.
> All the mystery smacks of bogus conspiracy stories
> to me. It could be flecks of paint flying off the
> plane for all I can tell.

Flecks of paint don't behave like anything in this footage or witness accounts.

Military personnel aren't allowed to talk about a lot of things, even without throwing UFOs in the mix. It's the nature of their work. The Pentagon can talk about even less. The military is one big conspiracy and its job is to fool its enemies as well as frightening them. The military's job is to tell the public only what they "need to know" and to tell their enemies nothing useful.

It's not necessarily the same people seeing them every day, but military people do see them. Most people are trained to think UFOs are only seen by crazy people, but they aren't. If you do see one and tell people you'll be laughed at. Even people in the military are like this, and that stops some of them reporting it because it will make them look bad. There are also major security concerns if a possible enemy vehicle can outsmart an American plane etc.

> they
> could prepare systems to compile and study better.

There is evidence in these accounts that they are. They can lock onto them for short period and monitor them better than they could in the sixties or seventies. It's possible some of these objects are American made in which case they're testing their own capabilities.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 07:45PM

Date: May 18, 2021 07:48PM

Their tinted windows give them a false sense of security.

Date: May 18, 2021 07:50PM

No, no. The tinted windows let them smoke weed without worrying about the intergalactic police.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 08:03PM

When they close their eyes they must think they're invisible.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: May 18, 2021 10:29PM

The videos show that some type of engine and physics movements are still unattainable by our militaries.
It's possible the "aliens" have already been here on earth for decades. They seemeed to have not made themselves known until we started dinking around with Nuclear weapons. Could just be a conincidence.

In any case, with today's sensors we still can't identify or find an answer to these flying crafts that have been witnessed by advanced instruments.

Many people have collected reports but some admit to ripping them up or destroying them in order to not be ridiculed.
There probably isn't much we can do or learn since these probes, possibly unmanned seem to fly all over the Earth and through country airspace with impunity.

I assume we will see more of these videos.

It's not a stretch to think another intelligent society has sent probes millions of lightyears away with their drones that can maybe fly 20% the speed of light and cross through different galaxies. Earth might be a nice choke point for them. Hiding in the wet desert ocean seems like a great place to do it.

Date: May 18, 2021 11:01PM

Phazer Wrote:
>
> It's not a stretch to think another intelligent
> society has sent probes millions of lightyears
> away with their drones that can maybe fly 20% the
> speed of light and cross through different
> galaxies. Earth might be a nice choke point for
> them.

If they are intelligent, I'm not sure Earth would be on their bucket list.

Date: May 18, 2021 10:35PM

Traveling between Ford Galaxies at 20% of the speed of light!!

These must be exceptionally long-lived beinbs!

Date: May 18, 2021 11:03PM

The reason I wear a seat belt is so that aliens can't suck me out of my sun roof.

Date: May 18, 2021 11:07PM

You may be looking in the wrong direction, Dave.

Date: May 18, 2021 11:22PM

Aliens are coming .... and they are cultural marxists !!!

Date: May 19, 2021 12:42AM

What do you think is keeping us from hitting the big red button for the past 76 years since Hiroshima?

Date: May 19, 2021 12:44AM

Are you suggesting it is aliens?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.