Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: June 13, 2021 09:15PM

They only wanted to exert control over a battle they were losing. Faced with a massive cultural shift, they ensured that Utah's laws would remain as restictive and conservative as possible. I wouldn't thank them for continuing to be overly involved in people's lives. Imagine how much more freedom there would be if they weren't involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 13, 2021 10:02PM

A pharmacist made sure the Mmj dispensaries had a licensed pharmacist on staff approve every sale and compare it to Dr’s prescription? So tack that onto the cost of weed!
Talk about a boondoggle!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 14, 2021 01:02AM

You don’t know Jack. From Wikipedia:

Jack Herer (/ˈhɛrər/; June 18, 1939 – April 15, 2010), sometimes called the "Emperor of Hemp", was an American cannabis rights activist and the author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, a book—in 2020 in its fourteenth edition after having been continuously in print for 35 years—frequently cited in efforts to decriminalize and legalize cannabis and to expand the use of hemp for industrial use. Herer also founded and served as the director of the organization Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP).

This is the difference one man can make. It’s what can happen when you dream the impossible dream. Now the Q15 just needs an edibles party. Surely at their age they qualify medically.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 14, 2021 01:36AM

Smoking Jack isn't like smoking Jack with Jack.

Thanks for sharing a great example of a true pioneer, an innovator, and a savior.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: June 14, 2021 03:36PM

It might make me too angry. Weed makes all the difference for my son with mental illness. It is night and day. My long-time therapist had suggested it several years ago.

So we decided to try to get him a medical weed card and OMH. The list of things you can be approved for is not very long especially for those with mental health issues. PTSD is about the only thing I think on the list for mental health. Luckily, his therapist sent a diagnosis of PTSD to the medical doctor my son had to go to.

It cost $125 just to sign up to get an appt. It cost me $275 for a year. Then he had to pay $15 just to print the damn card. And in 90 days he has to be reevaluated. He really likes the people who work at the store, though. The weed isn't cheap either. Much less expensive to go to CA and get it (my "husband" goes down often as he has friends down there), but at least we have this as backup.

But they are doing everything they can to keep weed under THEIR CONTROL. No matter how hard they try, just like gay marriage, weed will become legal in Utah.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: June 14, 2021 05:17PM

Voting on medical treatments is asinine.
You never voted on Penicillin or any other medicine or treatment.

License it, inspect it, assure quality control, tax it, prescribe it. Just like real medicine and medical supplies.

As it is now there are few actual controls in place.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.