Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: June 14, 2021 08:42PM

GLOW--Giving Light to Our World

Young, well dressed young man rang our doorbell a bit ago. I didn't answer. He left a little credit card sized fold out pamphlet called America in Prophecy at my door and gave my nest doorbell camera the peace sign.

I had to do some digging online but finally found out it is either an offshoot or the missionary arm of the 7th day-adventists. I gather from the little reading I did that this is the main mode of spreading their message with these little slick pamphlets. Lots of fear mongering talk using scriptures from the book of Revelation. Anyone else heard of this group?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Horton Heights ( )
Date: June 15, 2021 07:23AM

> Lots of fear mongering talk

Who needs any more of that when it's about all we hear these days?

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: June 15, 2021 11:19AM

Maybe a off shoot of the Daybells?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 15, 2021 11:25AM

I never thought of the SDAs as a whack-a-doodle cult, but oh my goodness, they sure do come off that way -- right up there with the Mormons and the JWs.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: June 15, 2021 12:44PM

Too bad not the Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling. I'd be interested in meeting with those missionaries.

BUt seriously, one of my companion and I were let in by a young Seventh Day type and we commenced to Bible spar with him. Well, my companion did I was never one to feel that did any good. The 7Th Day guy won the match, and to get out the guys house, my companion just starts saying, "Ok, you're right. I'm going to go get on a plane now and go home and join you guys. You are right" very sarcastically. It was funny and immature of him. We were in a bus area, and any time we were on a bus and went past this guy's house, my companion would pantomime something he called a "bus-by shooting".

I've brought this up many times to the former companion who is as exmo as one could be, and he cannot recall the encounter at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.