Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: August 02, 2021 09:26AM

"In early May, EastIdahoNews.com was subpoenaed to testify as part of the Chad and Lori Daybell legal proceedings."

The subpoena was withdrawn but nevertheless, eastidahonews provided the "cargo-ship-load" of documentation to the attorneys and to the public.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/07/we-provided-this-data-to-daybell-case-attorneys-heres-why/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: August 02, 2021 07:23PM

If we have another quarantine, I will undoubtedly go through every single page.

I hope we do not have another quarantine.

I know too much already.

If I knew more, it would not all start to make sense.

This will never make sense.

The Lifetime movie was IDIOTIC.

You shouldn't make a True Crime Movie about a crime until the trial is over, altho they did that with Jodi Arias too.

What is it about Mormons that make them feel they have to provide raw fodder for True Crime Movies -- Mark Hoffman, the LeBarons, the Lafferties, Faylene Grant, Jodi Arias, and now the Mother of all Mormon True Crime extravaganzas, the Chad and Lori Saga.

I have work to do. I don't have time for this.

But something tells me I am going to find time.

Makeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstop.

But it won't stop.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 02, 2021 07:33PM

Just come out of retirement long enough to tell me what's up with Alex's poor, grieving widow!! My ghawd, they hadn't been married but what, a couple of weeks!!!

Date: August 02, 2021 07:53PM

A couple of weeks, and the marriage was a business-like, unaffectionate proceeding. You have to be married in order to be one of the 144,000 and Zulema was handy. So they got married. No Singles Ward in heaven.

Karma is a rhymes-with-witch. Alex didn't perform CPR on Charles, and no one performed it on Alex and they both died.

How did poor Alex die? Was it poison? Did Chad's "blessing" over the phone have something to do with it? When Lori asked Alex to put together a "gift basket" was that code for something else? Loriand Chad and everyone else in this group of Merry Pranksters just LOVED talking in code.

Somehow I can't picture Alex putting together a gift basket or Lori asking him to. And if he did, who was the gift basket for?

Mormons really don't believe in cremation, so why is everyone getting cremated?

Lori, for most of her life, considered herself a good Mormon.

One of the biggest tragedies of her good Mormon life was when her oldest son came home early on his mission and then married a GENTILE WOMAN!

Murder is one thing -- sometimes you have to kill a person in order to save him, but coming home early from your mission and then marrying out of the faith?????

UNFORGIVEABLE!!!!

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 02, 2021 08:22PM

Lois, I have not heard about this son who came home early from a mission. What is his name? Is he mixed up in all this at all?

Date: August 02, 2021 09:05PM

His name is Colby.

I am not sure who his father is.

He has NOTHING to do with the matter.

When the kids were missing, not yet found dead, he created several poignant videos begging his mother to tell where they were.

He spoke of her "inherent goodness," so maybe, at least his childhood was good.

I think his name is Colby Ryan but the blank for "father" on his birth certificate is blank.

He seems very young, very innocent and very overwhelmed by what he has learned of his mother.

He cared about his siblings. They disappeared. He couldn't go visit them. His mother told him not to worry. They were safe. She was on top of things. He kept persisting.

Then the horrible truth came out.

He himself is a young father, I think, of a baby girl.

He married a girl who is blond and beautiful like every other woman in this case except Zulema, who has dark hair.

It's hard to keep all those blond ladies straight, especially when two of them are named Melani and Melanie.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 02, 2021 09:37PM

Thank you. I somehow missed this part of the whole sordid mess.

Date: August 02, 2021 10:14PM

That's the problem with this whole sordid mess, is there are so many parts to it and so many of the parties are crazy in their own right, and there's so much documentation about all of the parties, so it never ends.

So it is like a labyrinth and just when you think you've found your way out you discover you have just wandered into a different part of the labyrinth.

But one day this will all be over, and someone will write a definitive book about it -- hopefully someone with a good background in Mormonism because this is the most Mormon sordid mess I ever came across. Anyway, if I just wait long enough, someone will write the definitive sordid mess book, like they always do with any crime worth writing about. That Lifetime Movie was HOrriBLE. Better not to have any movie than one that bad. But not to worry. There will be more. Lots more.

All the players are goodgood Mormons, the kind with Temple recommends and who do their genealogy and have lots of food storage, and believe in all the Mormon Deep Doctrine that nobody even talks about anymore and send their kids on missions. GoodGoodGoodGood Mormons.

But even in Mormonism at its very worst there is nowhere that it says it is okay to kill your children, You can quit talking to them if they do something horrible like come home early from their missions but you can't kill them. Same goes for spouses.

Lori and Chad and Zulema missed that part.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 02, 2021 10:23PM

Yes, the movie was B A D bad. And much too kind to Lori IMHO. I do not think she was a dupe in all this, more of a driving force. Greedy bitch that wanted to relive her 20s. One little tidbit about Alex and Zulema, her son that lived with her didn't know they were married. I think she was much deeper in the conspiracy than we know. I wonder if their getting married wasn't in part so they couldn't be called to testify against each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2021 10:30PM by Susan I/S.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.