Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 06, 2021 05:58AM

*** I'm withholding specific geographical info to protect my Mom

A recent wildfire flared up and destroyed many homes in my former ward. My Mom is not directly affected but is packed and ready to go with a few belongings and her pets.

So what is on her mind?

"Still don't know whether the former bishop is going to cancel his picnic lunch that he's been planning all summer. He's going to wait until the end of the day before making a decision."

WTF?

There's evacuations, no containment of a wildfire and people (both members and non-members) in the area who know their homes have been destroyed and this prick can't make up his mind whether to cancel his wiener roast.

Mormons and their priorities.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: August 06, 2021 09:56AM

I learned long ago don't count on the church in times of peril,especially your local unit or leaders. Plan accordingly.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 06, 2021 10:24AM

living right. That wiener roast is more important than going to your reward or being tested by God as if you are the bishop, it couldn't possibly be that you aren't living right, RIGHT?

Around here, they are "neighborhood parties." My "husband" even went to one last summer as I'm sure he knew our daughter and SIL would be there. My daughter was shocked when he showed up. My "husband" just hasn't been able to completely let go of his mormon fake family upbringing even as he spends 24/7 with his current boyfriend. (I hope this one lasts FOR HIS SAKE.)

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: August 06, 2021 01:06PM

Plus, they're sneaky bastards. I came home to find a printed invitation taped to my front door, two days ago. It was an invitation to the "Annual Neighborhood Party" "Games, Free Food and Fun!". Well, I've lived here 19 years and we never had an annual neighborhood party. Plus, it was being held at "Londonberry Park and Pavilion". Well, I know all the City parks in Sandy and Draper. Never heard of that one. Googled the address and it's a Stake Center with the church pavilion. There is no Park, just the church lawn. Needless to say I won't be attending our "annual party". Creeps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2021 01:06PM by stillanon.

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: August 06, 2021 01:37PM

Yikes. That really is disingenuous for them to phrase it like that. I'd feel tricked if I went to that party and found out it was held at a CHURCH.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: August 06, 2021 02:01PM

I learned to be wary after our first few months here. We moved here from Co. Springs. We had a knock on our door and some nice guy and his wife wanted to hand deliver an invitation to his BBQ about 6 houses down. The invitation said it was a block BBQ. Everyone was to bring their own meat to grill and a side dish. Drinks would be provided. Not like any BBQ I've been to growing up in TX. We ended up bringing ribs and garlic marinated shrimp skewers to bring and my wife made her pasta salad. I also brought a 12 pack in a cooler. We got there and there were a bunch of people in the back yard. They all made a point to meet the "new neighbors". We thought, "cool". Something was off. It was a hot evening and many were dressed very uncomfortable, dress shirts, trousers and dress shoes. Then we saw 2 sets of missionaries in the yard. I grabbed a beer and offered the other guys one. They all refused. The host pulled me aside and said "The invitation said we would provide refreshments." I asked if that included beer? He said "No, this is a family BBQ and there were children" there. He asked me to take the beer back home. I said "Sure". We walked home, with our meats, side dish and the beer. Fired up the grill and had a great dinner. Never talked to that fake ass neighbor again. He wouldn't even make eye contact when he drove past our house.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2021 02:03PM by stillanon.

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 08:41PM

Well you did get a great story out of it!

Posted by: nonLDSalad ( )
Date: August 13, 2021 02:51AM

Mormons want to CONTROL everything
Just like their C controls them...

They're afraid of saying they are LDS, which stands for Listless Dopey Strange, or is it sober, I can't remember.

Mormon "party" = Everyone NOT WELCOME
Mormon Exclusive is really reclusive

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 11, 2021 10:15AM

and the neighborhood newsletter once a month that only lists church meetings and subjects on them. The RS dinners don't say RS either.

So my neighbor--and they are nice people--tried for a while to get me to go to parties like the Christmas party. I didn't like them when I was mormon. My "husband" and I would argue about going as he liked going. So I was working at Sam's Club for a few months as I had lost my LONG-TIME medical transcription job and my neighbor texted me and gave me this big long explanation of I know how it is to be stuck at home a lot of the time and it is nice to get out and mingle with other women, so would you like to go to the RS birthday dinner. I didn't reply.

She knew I was working at Sam's. I wasn't getting out? Hell. I was getting out more than I ever like to. That was the last thing they've invited me to to do with church thank goodness.

I had ministers sent to me, too. One of them was the 15-year-old boy from next door. He mowed my lawn. I loved how they picked him to be my minister. That is when I told the bishop to LEAVE ME ALONE, that I had resigned. At my daughter's wedding reception, he came up to me and told me he would keep the people from bothering me. Next time I get a neighborhood newsletter, I'll go tape it to his door with a note.

They are so passive aggressive it drives me nuts. Don't ever say if you resign they will leave you alone. No, you are even more of a missionary project if you resign especially if you've lived in the same house for 35 years.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 11, 2021 11:07AM

One advantage of living in TN and being an apostate, is that we have been left alone. Initially we were talked about extensively. A member of the high council, who left 2 years after us, told us about their discussions of my wife and I. Crazy. We were just normal folks leaving a cult. I started this site, which apparently disturbed them intensely. It is rare to run into a Mormon now after so many years.

Posted by: MissMatt ( )
Date: August 13, 2021 02:36AM

Hahhahahahaaha

Yeah, that might do it.

Great job Finding - and making a way ([out of] site) for others to Learn and Share - the truth [that Mormonism is false], and a great way for formons (former mormons) to stay up to date - or ahead of the curve - on the weird wacky world of MORMONism.

Brethren, let's LEAVE THEM ALONE...

They know too much
They pray too much
They play too much
(And too hard!)

They FEAST and they FAST too much!
They Seer and do Revelate
And really see things coming...

They even have a website
It's like talking to God
But we don't have to

We have RFM

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: August 06, 2021 12:27PM

'cause he's wearing Magical Underwear

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: August 06, 2021 02:13PM

Exactly! Only his head, arms and lower legs will be burned to a crisp! Doesn't get much safer than that!

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: August 10, 2021 09:35PM

I'm sure we all know that if a child sees an adult drinking a beer that child will be stunted - demonized - ruined for life, perhaps beyond;

It's a proven fact, don'tyaknow?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 11, 2021 08:51AM

That’s precisely why restaurants in Utah up until a few years ago had to have a “Zion Curtain”, so that minors in the restaurant could not see an actual beer being poured. This may sound like satire. It is not. This was real, as was the reasoning.

And coffee scares even adult Mormons. They act like it is the first step to freebasing cocaine.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 11, 2021 05:50PM

> And coffee scares even adult Mormons. They act
> like it is the first step to freebasing cocaine.

How very Mormon of them. Everyone knows that coffee leads to crystal meth, not cocaine!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 11, 2021 08:44PM

As reported on Reddit r/exmormon:

A TBM shared the faith-provoking knowledge to be extruded from this labeled Fact: "If the earth was 10 ft closer to the sun we would all burn up and if it was 10 ft further we would freeze to death...  God is amazing!!"

Someone then commented, offering the accepted, observable truth, that at its closest point to the sun, the earth is 147 million kilometers from the sun and at its furthest (our orbit is not a circle, but elliptical) it is 152 million kilometers from the sun.

Rather than having less than ten feet to move in either direction, the earth would still be habitable if it moved 4 million kilometers closer or 34 million kilometers farther...

The Faithbook commenter then responded: "Okay thats(sic) cool and all but dont(sic) ever comment on my status telling me that I am wrong everrrr(sic) again.  I didn't ask you did I?  Answer: NO"
      https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/p2lq1p/the_amount_of_people_ive_met_in_the_mormon_church/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I give myself a lot of credit for my imagination, but this one totally caught me by surprise.  Do I believe this happened?  Yes.

Yay, mormonism!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.