Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: August 28, 2021 11:25AM

Well, that didn't take long. Holland basically gave anti gay students a license to hate others.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2021/08/27/byu-will-investigate/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Del Gato ( )
Date: August 28, 2021 09:08PM

I can imagine there are many DezNat types at BYU who are willing to go all Latter Day Danite on some LGBTQ+ students, who are a large and growing percentage of the population at BYU like it is at most college campuses 1/5 of the way into the 21st C.
I think it's great that kids are free to be what they want to be these days.

But seeing valedictorians come out at BYU commencement speeches, and seeing the big white Y lit up in gay rainbow colors is freaking out the geriatrics warming the thrones in the COB.

Throw in Dan Reynolds LOVELOUD concerts in Provo, which are a huge "Screw You" to the old geezers in SLC and they're reacting nothing like Christ would have reacted. I get the feeling Christ was gay. His first commandment was "Love your fellow man as yourself." Sounds a bit gay. He didn't say, "Love your fellow woman as yourself." Why not? He didn't seem like he was in favor of the whole 'marriage' thing, even though his first miracle was turning water into wine at a wedding party.

Mormons expect the rest of us to share in their collective amnesia.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 28, 2021 09:13PM

If it weren't for the bodies lying on the grounds of all Mormon institutions, it would be amusing to see the church ruin itself in this way.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: August 28, 2021 09:53PM

The church will just decide running a religion in an increasing secular world is a pain in the ass and become a holding company. They might be losing a few billion a year in donations but they make way more on their investments and they can sell or lease the meeting houses off.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: August 28, 2021 09:57PM

Most the people at BYU just want to get through the place fast as possible, get a degree and start making money. They really don’t care about the social issues or what some apostle said.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: August 29, 2021 12:41PM

Not so sure. I know some BYU profs that live in my neighborhood. One is kind of cool, two others are rigid LDS. A lot of kids that go to BYU really think that apostles are mini gods. A lot of them drink the Kool Aid.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 29, 2021 01:51PM

Here is possibly the most widely viewed expression of the hate engendered by Los mormon Old Fogies de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Últimos Dias:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/pcg9qs/ran_into_this_asshat_on_byu_campus_tonight_after/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I bet the kid's parents are an interesting couple.

I believe I read that his 'friends' outed him (funny, huh, him getting outed for his bigotry) and but I don't know that he's attending the Y.  I would love to find out that he's an RM.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.