Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 12:54PM

"Another dangerous new TikTok trend is impacting car owners and endangering lives.

Users call it the "lug nut challenge" and are loosening or removing lugs from car tires in hopes of gaining likes online.

"It’s a deadly challenge, this could be very bad for somebody traveling down the road at a highway speed if the tire comes off, it could lead to a serious crash you could get hurt, possibly die, you never know," General Manager of Interstate Towing, Stephen Gonnerville said.

Lug Nut Challenge is a recent TikTok trend that involves one loosening the lug nuts of a random car and then filming the aftermath.

On loosening or removing the lug nuts, the tire ends up separating from the car. So, if the owner of the car starts the vehicle and starts to drive without being aware of what the dangerous trend has done, they’re bound to crash or meet with an accident.

While it is not just dangerous but also illegal to do this on anybody’s car, it seems like the Internet isn’t paying heed to it as Lug Nut Challenge is already influencing the users.

Gil says at least seven vehicles in her neighborhood have been targeted.

“It's very scary, very scary that someone would do something like that,” said (Imperial Beach resident Tina) Gil.

The incident in her neighborhood comes amid a new TikTok challenge dubbed the "Lug Nut Challenge," which has people loosening lug nuts, then filming to see what happens. A victim in Massachusetts reportedly had a tire fall off while driving."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 01:42PM

I wish stupid Tik Tok could delete those dangerous challenges and report/ban anyone who endangered another person with them and posted the challenge. I've had it with that BS and the little thugs who get off on it.

I also wish (yeah, I'm a dreamer) social media could hide how many "followers" these "influencers" have and stop the personality contest drive. Instead, I wish algorithms were driven by how verified the claims in the post are.

I don't do Tik Tok or Farcebook at all, so what do I know. Twitter is bad enough. It's all so disappointing how people mindlessly amplify stupid stuff.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 02:23PM

Tik Tok is turning into Squid Game. Assholes.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 02:47PM

Awful. I can tell you that teachers have been worried about the Tik-Tok "challenges" directed towards assaulting teachers and damaging schools.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 05:45PM

Facebook, Google, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram hire "fact checkers" and devise intricate AL-gorythms to protect us from ("mis")information. Why not TikTok?

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 08:34PM

Facebook, google & twitter?

What?

Did someone try to take the lug nuts off of our democracy?

No small town rabbi indeed.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 23, 2021 09:35PM

Somebody sure took the lug nuts off Mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.