Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 04:33PM

Our local Salt Lake station that isn't Fox or KSL belongs to the Sinclair Broadcast group (300 or so stations). I dislike their format of filling the broadcast with the same national reporters and the canned segments. But, why can't the local anchors be honest with us about the "technical difficulties" they are having? Sinclair had a ransomeware attack a couple of days ago and, to my knowledge, the local guys can't talk about it! Instead they have to act dumb about why a lot of their normal graphics are missing.

It is no wonder they have lost so many of their employees to other stations in the last few years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: October 19, 2021 06:54PM

Same in the Boise area but yesterday they did allude to "cyber problems" They are CBS here and with Dish blocking the NBC station over contract issues the ABC station should be having a field day and making hay.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 20, 2021 05:16PM

probably because of how much they've changed. I didn't realize they were now Sinclair UNTIL I went back to watching them. I hated Casey on KUTV in the morning, so I started watching KSL, but then KSL got Casey, so I went back to KUTV and now I don't watch any of them. But I have noticed that some of my favorites have moved to KSL. I've been SHOCKED at how many.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: October 20, 2021 05:38PM

Most likely, it was the decision of Sinclair management to deliberate not mention what happened. From what I know of that company and its politic(s), I'm not surprised.

Date: October 26, 2021 09:09AM

Last night, the sports guy (Dave Fox I think) made a little comment that might have landed him in hot water. His sports segment wasn't going as planned and the control room couldn't get his graphics to come up. He had to wing it a little bit, so at the very end of the broadcast, as he was sitting at the anchor desk to sign off for the night, one of the anchors made a comment about "issues" and Dave Fox must have thought the mic was off. He said "we aren't allowed to mention the hack?" He was cut off immediately. So, this station is still being silenced by Sinclair.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 12:39PM

They should probably be losing more people to KSL soon. I mean the 2 weekend anchors on KSL came from KUTV. It is too bad this is happening.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 01:02PM

The issue was water running into the control room from the rainstorm going on, leaking through bad plumbing in the ceiling. They had a major water incident about six weeks ago with inches of water on the control room floor.

There is a flat second floor terrace directly over the control room, that is apparently poorly drained, and if the water ponds deeply enough, there is a path into the control room.

Date: October 26, 2021 01:32PM

thanks for the clarification. I must have not been paying attention if that was mentioned. It still seems like everyone has been told not to mention the hack and Dave seemed to be cut off immediately when he said that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.