Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: October 28, 2021 04:38PM

My cousin has 3 of her 7 children out in the mission field right now. A mission costs $500 per month times 3 is $1500 per month. This is off topic but I am curious what would you do if you would get $1500 per month for 24 months?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 28, 2021 05:33PM

Holiday/car parts/grandkids education fund.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: October 28, 2021 06:23PM

Bank it.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: October 28, 2021 08:23PM

Wow, add that to tithing and other donations, the Mormon church can devastate peoples lives financially.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 28, 2021 10:11PM

More probably, I'd fund my children's Roth IRA and grandchildren's 527 education plans.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 29, 2021 12:36AM

I would buy some needed items for my home, including a new HVAC system, new carpet, etc. I would save the rest, and perhaps use some of it for travel.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: October 29, 2021 07:52AM

Yesterday we had another power outage it lasted a few hours. Back in February it lasted several days. 24 months $1500 could buy a nice generator.

Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 10:51AM

subeamnotlogedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is off topic but I am curious what would you do if you would get $1500 per month for 24 months?

I would be happy... temporarily.

They would probably use the $ on the 3 still living at home, or off to college...

They would have more than that though... because they wouldn't have so many mouths to feed.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 02:12PM

I lived this for 6 months (3 missionaries) but really a lot longer with the college and living expenses. Also, just this fall I "graduated" from 3 to 2 in paying for them to go to college.

I wonder sometimes what it will be like when this second mortgage (one of love instead of a living place) is over.

It would be smart to put it away for our retirement. We've only been able to afford what we can from my wife's advancements at her job. It still is living from paycheck to paycheck. Kids are expensive but I love them. The world is a more expensive place to live now. I doubt 500 X 2 when it comes will feel much different. We still try to help all 3 the best we can.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.