Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lala ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 06:39PM

Is sexting as prevalent with Mormon kids and/or adults as it is with others? I have a mormon friend who refuses to even consider that her kids might be sexting. Having seen some older boys get in trouble for sexting young girls and ending up having to register as sex offenders for life, I wonder if anyone is immune? I think we all agree that parents have the right, if not obligation, to stop behavior they consider harmful to their children, the question is how and is it reallly going on in such high numbers? Are mormon kids immune because of their religious upbringing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 06:46PM

If I remember right, there was a recent talk in which girls were condemned for sending inappropriate pictures of themselves to boys.

When was this? The Relief Society meeting?

Posted by: RJJ ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 06:48PM

We have a group of 50+ youth in our ward and they know not to do this sort of thing. Not just that they are mormon, but that the legal ramifications involved. I would say that on average, mormon teens are going to avoid this behavior much more than no mormons. Their parents seem to check cell phones on a regular basis to prevent it.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 07:11PM

I think it will be time for another revelation to get in front of this trend:

Behold, I say unto my servant Thomas Spencer Monson: Inasmuch as ye [we have to perpetuate the piss poor grammar of the D&C] have inquired of me regarding the widows who do sext thee. I say unto the that in this thing they are justified. Behold, it is meet that they do sext mine holy prophet about the attractiveness of his gut.

But I also say unto thee, my Servant Thomas, that the youth of Zion shall not text. This is an abominable inquity in mine eyes. He who sexteth shall be handed over to the buffetings of Satan, and the demons who do uphold his work.

Behold, I do come speedily unto Zion to afflict its inhabitants with the most boring meetings ever known among my saints. Yea, even a great priesthood meeting in Missouri. I command that ye do text the bretheren of the priesthood the directions. Amen.

Lord Jellohim

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.