Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 17, 2021 02:09AM

Why would anybody go to BYU voluntarily??? I mean, knowing that everybody - faculty and other students alike - are just DYING to catch you wearing, saying, reading or even thinking something that Churchco doesn't approve of, so they can rat you out??

I would hate to go to university while feeling paranoid.

My years at a super-cool, swinging West Coast university were among the best of my life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Joseph's Myth ( )
Date: December 17, 2021 07:44AM

Once any good BYU boy learns a girl is likely expelled for sex acts you maybe both didn't enjoy .. well ..

She's not likely going to report it!

The old old story was, go to BYU and get an unreported rape.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: December 17, 2021 12:18PM

Rape CULTure is alive and well at BYU because of a number of contributing factors, top among them is the fact you mentioned, women KNOW that if they report the tape to the police, they’ll be turned in to the BYU Morality police and punished and likely kicked out of school for violating the ‘honor code’ if they did anything to violate it, like drinking alcohol.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 18, 2021 01:46PM

They're very like the Iranian "Guidance Patrol," the state religious police who arrest and beat women for *gasps* not having their hijab adjusted properly. It's almost always women that they beat and arrest. Ditto the Mormon Virtue Squad. (And BTW, it's important to know that the word "virtue" does not mean what it means to everyone else or in the dictionary; it is mere codespeak for "hymen," much like "modest" does not refer to any meaning of the word except for girls and women showing what 80 year-old stuffed-shirt men think is too much skin or shape.)

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: December 17, 2021 06:51PM

In any other state in the country, those would be damning reports. But in UT, it’s just par for the course and will be yesterday’s forgotten news tomorrow, unfortunately.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 18, 2021 03:26PM

In any other state (except maybe Idaho?) would the attorney General not have shut down the YBU Gestapo?

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: December 17, 2021 10:48PM

I can't see any of the articles. Apparently I'm over the "three free" per month limit.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: December 19, 2021 11:29AM

Clear your history, then data. You'll be good to go.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 19, 2021 03:58AM

Utah should de-cert the BYU police department & deny them access to confidential info, same with the FBI & the federal information they manage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.