Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: December 15, 2021 07:05AM

I’m working on three books at the same time, because I’m dramatic like that. Permission to Feel is a contemporary book on how to learn more emotional intelligence. Then we got my boy Lucretius lecturing us on how a godless materialism is the best answer to the problem of evil. Then I’m popping my head into the Meditations because I like ethics and self-government for its own sake. This is peak edification.

I can’t decide if being on the spectrum plus being apostate and studying how to relate to people on ethics is like trying to put gas in a Tesla. I am who I am. I try to be a good person. I ain’t getting any credit from tbms anymore. But I always tried to let my left hand be ignorant of what my right hand was doing. One great thing about Spectrumites and religion is that they’re either all in for the right reasons or so out and on to more logical things.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 15, 2021 07:17AM

Marcus Aurelius didn't even intend Meditations to be published. It was his private stash of personal thoughts. Totally different from the BoM, a trashy revenge novel written to fleece dupes.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: December 15, 2021 07:34AM

“…tous, tant que nous sommes, nous portons au coeur le deuil de Marc Aurele comme s’il etait mort d’hier.”

—Ernest Renan—

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: December 15, 2021 07:42AM

There's only so much "fitting in" you can do. The more I learn about my own diagnosis, the less inclined I feel to take it anymore.

The people who are actually successful aren't the people who got good at the things they were bad at. They're the people who focus on the things that they're good at, who really take advantage of their strengths.

So, do what you like, fiddle with the puzzles that interest you. But examining my own motives, I've decided to put more importance upon what I want, rather than attempting to understand the heads of other people when they won't offer the same interest. And 80% of the time, they try to convince me my conditions aren't real.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: December 16, 2021 12:53AM

I feel this.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 21, 2021 04:03AM

blackcoatsdaughter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's only so much "fitting in" you can do.

> The people who are actually successful aren't the
> people who got good at the things they were bad
> at. They're the people who focus on the things
> that they're good at, who really take advantage of
> their strengths.

I love that.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: December 15, 2021 03:05PM

"Death is the great equalizer. In the end both Alexander the Great and the slave who dressed his mules molder in the same soil."

My one take away from Marcus Aurlius.

Posted by: Joseph's Myth ( )
Date: December 21, 2021 04:19AM

Maybe while living did you seek to build up Jesus Christ or tear him down?

Beatles, "I'll Never Do That Twice!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.