Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 24, 2021 10:54PM

The church could be true - if there are elves making toys at the North Pole and an out of shape elderly dude delivering presents faster than a million Amazon drivers.

Mormons are after all literalists. Santa is a starter Jesus. A kind of mythological illustration of karmic law. In that sense, he could be "real". Just like Santa Jesus. Mormons just change up the myth by making Jesus say things he would never say. As if Jesus has a problem with blacks, gays, or whomever the enemy of the day is. Kind of like saying if you are on the naughty list, a kitten will be set on fire on your behalf and the remains left in your stocking.

Maybe it's the booze kicking in, but the church could be true in one's imagination. In a Willy Wonka kind of way. Or, maybe Jesus is the part of me that knows that there is no "me", no "them", that there is only "us". A part beyond human ability to even imagine. So we invent icons like Jesus and Santa and Ganesh and Krishna. All equally "real", or rather unreal in the literal sense.

But who among us is real in the literal sense? We are figments of our own imaginations, products of our own experiences. We could be born a billion times and be a billion different people. Or 7 billion, what's the difference if we are all each other?

So maybe Santa brings you what you want, or not. Santa is just your higher consciousness, so don't get mad if Santa brings you Ballerina Barbie when you specifically requested Malubu Barbie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 24, 2021 10:58PM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But who among us is real in the literal sense? We
> are figments of our own imaginations, products of
> our own experiences.

Yes, we are products of our genetics, our environment and experiences, etc. But how is that not "real?"

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 25, 2021 12:40PM

Yes OK But is he bringing may Rolls Royce Phantom 4 to my stocking?

Posted by: Santa ( )
Date: December 26, 2021 02:46AM

Would you settle for a Richard Simmons Chia Pet?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 25, 2021 01:26PM

No Santa anything here.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: December 25, 2021 02:44PM

1. The proper title is "Santa Jesus God." At least, it is according to Richard "Ricky" LaFleur of Sunnyvale, Nova Scotia.

2. Imagining something doesn't always make it real. If it did, I would be spending Christmas at a nice cabin with my girlfriend instead of texting her from the other side of the US.

3. Where does Der Krampus fit into your theory?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.