Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: January 14, 2022 07:13PM

Her husband, who’s a lapsed Catholic atheist. She inherited Gmas huge library of Mormon PRopoganda.
He was very curious about what Bruce R McConkie said about the Catholic Church being the “Great Whore of The Earth” and blacks having the Curse of Cain.
But Sis took offense because how Dare I speak evil of the Lord’s Annointed in MY House!
What difference does it make whose house we’re in?
And why do you have this racist, sexist, bigoted guy’s opinions in your house for your husband and kids and guests kids to read?
She kicked me out and I have not been back since. She moved to the other side of the ocean to get away from her now almost completely ExMo family, back to her hubby’s old country, which is cool, but he’s still atheist, she’s still Nazi TBM internet stalker who frequents this forum.
Hi Sis!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 15, 2022 08:14PM

A few years ago she sent me a three-figure check to make up for all the Christmases she failed to reciprocate my presents, and said that at our age, we didn't need to exchange gifts--or anything else, for that matter.

She didn't tell me about her husband's death for 8 months.

I returned the check. On later thought, I could have donated it to an ex-cult ministry in her name.

Posted by: True ( )
Date: January 18, 2022 12:28PM

Bruce McConkie lacked subtlety. We all knew that Joe was referencing the Catholic church in all those passages in the B of M that said bad things about a large church. Bruce McConkie was just the dummy to say it outright.

Posted by: True cont. ( )
Date: January 18, 2022 12:29PM

Mormons can focus on their own problems, and then maybe it would be appropriate to criticize other churches.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.