Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 02, 2022 03:37AM

I remember a couple of years ago, when they were hot news, I saw people posting about them on this forum. I deliberately avoided reading the details. I like true crime, though, so I read John Glatt's book, The Doomsday Mother, which is all about their sordid and convoluted story, wrapped up in extremely warped Mormon-like fringe beliefs.

Lori Vallow really creeps me out, too, because she's so much like my husband's ex wife on so many levels. Ex hasn't killed anyone that I know of, but there are similarities that are uncanny. I think of just how painful and hurtful my husband's ex wife's actions have been over the years, and realize how lucky we've been that it wasn't much worse. Given the right circumstances, I think she could have gone there.

The book is a good read, if you're interested in true crime. I reviewed it on my usual spot. I think John Glatt will have to write a sequel, since these two criminals haven't even been tried yet. I'm going to have to watch the Dateline special about them, now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 02, 2022 09:23AM

There's nothing like knowing someone who could kill you for no good reason and knows where you live. It kind of adds a little spice to life.

I've found existential dread to be character building.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 02, 2022 04:04PM

That story really gives me the creeps on many levels. It reminds me that we have been very lucky. At least no one I’m our situation died. At least not illegally, anyway.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.