Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 12:22PM

I know of a case in Utah where three minor children are being coached by a vindictive ex wife to lie under oath in criminal court with the purpose of destroying and innocent woman's life

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2022 06:50PM by thedesertrat1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 12:36PM

Because religion teaches that 'the ends is more important than the means'

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 01:46PM

When you answer to a higher power, it's okay. God has your back. Just ask Lori Vallow.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 02:04PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because religion teaches that 'the ends is more
> important than the means'

I will go ahead and state the obvious, you don't have to be religious to lie. :)

Date: February 05, 2022 02:06PM

But the non-religious don't have Jesus, the "pray the guilt away" card.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 12:48PM

And some people will go to any lengths to "win." My nephew has been in the middle of a divorce for several years now. His ex has turned the oldest against him (she's about 23), the next one she's working on and he even had recordings off his son's cell phone of the things his mother was telling him about his dad.

Actually, her lawyer is Rob Bishop's son and horrible to my nephew. My nephew finally had to give up and just take what the court gave him as it was never ending and still isn't. He gets them on Friday night and drops them off on Sunday and she changes things every single time so that the kids have things scheduled so he can't pick them up until Sunday. Every single time. His little girl adores him and it scares me what she will do next--the ex.

She is far from a good little mormon either. He found out she cheated on him with his BEST FRIENDS while they were married. He worked for the government building bridges so he was gone during the week a lot.

Let's not talk about my boyfriend's divorce. From a woman who inherited millions from her father and knew she was going to, so divorced him so he can't have any. And it is SO OBVIOUS she is still in love with him. She HATES me with a passion.

I haven't gotten divorced as my husband left with his boyfriend and they wanted to use MY KIDS to have a little family, so they were working on getting me declared insane and they worked hard at driving me that way. They were going to file for 50/50 custody at first and I found out and told my husband over my dead body. He never filed. I never filed. I was too broken, but I had control of my children. He could see them any time he wanted except the boyfriend couldn't. What did their father choose? To see them now and then. Now we get along most of the time. When I get medicare, everything can change and he knows it. I'm not a vicious bitch most of the time or he'd be dead. He has to be careful or I'll divorce him and take half his pension and 401K. The house is in the kids' names. I made him do that. I paid for it while raising them and paying for EVERYTHING.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 01:14PM

Comes down to what BKP said. "Sometimes the truth is not very useful."

The lie will get you what your selfish heart wants.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 01:31PM

The masses are delusional, believing in God because they are so fearful of death they’ll subscribe to a preposterous myth that ends in apocalypse, long after we came up with better explanations for our origins that don’t involve a personal God, or an afterlife.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 02:04PM

Why, it's the best way to become suddenly extinct.

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> The masses are delusional, believing in God
> because they are so fearful of death they’ll
> subscribe to a preposterous myth that ends in
> apocalypse, long after we came up with better
> explanations for our origins that don’t involve
> a personal God, or an afterlife.
===============================

Plato's Allegory of the Cave

Posted by: I ( )
Date: February 06, 2022 12:58AM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> The masses are delusional, believing... because... death... preposterous myth... apocalypse, long after we [WE?] came up with ... explanations for our... personal God, or an afterlie.>

The masses are delusional for as many reasons as there are humans. Glad you know why. You're only one example through. And that still doesn't explain anything.

Here we are. Momentarily-

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 01:35PM

Liars are especially problematic when they want to be the Solo Parent, and are involved in parental alienation.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 01:47PM

Truth is important only to those who hold it as such.

To a solipsist, lying just might hold the higher value.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 05, 2022 06:14PM

Lying is important. Why do people tell the truth?

Mormons are taught to lie in personal worthiness interviews, tithing settlement, home teaching reports, testimony meetings, yada yada yada...

And then there's the First Vision and the BoM and BoA and polygamy. Mormonism is founded on and runs on lying. It's not incidental. It is foundational.

Date: February 06, 2022 01:21AM

Many reasons... Mainly for self gain/ power/ survival/ pride/ ego/ fear of punishment, demotion, losing face, banishment, etc.

Joseph Smith lied for power, control, women, land, etc. BIG lies! He started out telling the family little lies, insomuch that they did take joy in his tails...

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 06, 2022 01:02PM

I Wrote:
> Many reasons... Mainly for self gain/ power/
> survival/ pride/ ego/ fear of punishment,
> demotion, losing face, banishment, etc.
>
> Joseph Smith lied for power, control, women, land,
> etc. BIG lies! He started out telling the family
> little lies, insomuch that they did take joy in
> his tails...

Here in Washington State, the governor is pushing for a law to make it a crime for someone to lie about the results of an election.

I could support this effort if it included a provision that a politician could be charged if they lie to get elected.

Date: February 06, 2022 10:48PM

Yeah, he should try to make it a crime for a politician to LIE, period.

If politicians in America were wise, committed, ethical, honest people, these laws wouldn't even be needed.

Date: February 06, 2022 01:07PM

When you're married to 30 wives, lying is a matter of survival.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.