Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: onthedownlow ( )
Date: February 21, 2022 01:34PM

Dude, if he prayed and god told him that, then god told me JS was really a peep stone user and to get the hell out of religion all together.

https://www.today.com/popculture/david-archuleta-opens-about-coming-out-publicly-god-told-me-t229344

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 21, 2022 04:31PM

onthedownlow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dude, if he prayed and god told him that, then god
> told me JS was really a peep stone user and to get
> the hell out of religion all together.

Yeah, I've never had such a clear and specific answer. I'm jealous. :)

From the article:

"According to NBC News, students at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, said they had "whiplash" after the school confirmed a ban on same-sex relationships last year, just weeks after it changed its code of conduct to appear to permit them. The move appeared to be a reversal after the private university, which is owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, updated its code of conduct for students to remove a clause prohibiting "all forms of physical intimacy that give expression to homosexual feelings."

"And just last week, also at BYU in Provo, a respected church official, Elder Jeffrey Holland, urged faculty and staff to do their part to ensure the university “stands unquestionably committed to its unique academic mission and to the Church that sponsors it.”

I'm confused too. The reference to "whiplash" gave me a good laugh. But it's not funny at all, of course, to those most affected by what church leaders say and do. Seems like in this case they're trying to have it all ways and end up looking conflicted, confused and indecisive.

Weasel words.

They excel at it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.