Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 05:55PM

If that is the case, is there a message that any of you want mormon leadership to get?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 05:55PM by helamonster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 05:56PM

Non-Mormons don't "respect" your church like you tell yourself they do.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:25PM

I second that. People are merely trying to be tolerant and polite, but really they think mormonism is ridiculous.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:26PM

+1.

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:27AM

I'm nonMormon and it goes well beyond not respecting the LDS faith. Crazy, strange, secretive, controlling all need to be used in describing how many nonMormons feel.

Posted by: givemethismoment ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 05:57PM

and please feel free to share this with Tommy. You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 05:57PM by givemethismoment.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 05:57PM

Yes:

"Tell Bednar that if he EVER talks about pickles again, he should be fired".

Ron

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:30PM

Can you get fired from that job? haha- I have to agree, I mean, seriously, pickle talks in GC? Are you kidding me? They treat their members like children. They are SO afraid to let them be grownups and think for themselves ( hence, my posting name)

And what I would really like to say to them is "You are blatently lying, and that lying for the lord does not qualify as "good" lying, as there is no such thing, and if indeed you believe in God, you had better be worried, because we all know where liars go. Now, you have a nice day."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 08:33PM by think4u.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:58AM

James E. Faust got up in general priesthood meeting and told the story of the little engine that could like he was speaking to primary kids, it makes Bednars pickle talk look dignified.
Even Hinckley mocked him a little afterward.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:46AM

You take something edible with seeds that give more life and soak it in a fluid that will give you a belly ache and you leave it there until it has permeated the entire body, even to the point of killing the seeds that could have sprouted, had they been exposed to fertile soil. And the end result is a sour tasting food which is good for nothing more than to be consumed.

Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 06:01PM

Dear Tom,

Drop me an email sometime and I will help you come up with something unique to talk about in general conference.

Signed,

Former member who was bored out of the church.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 06:09PM

Good work taking money from poor families and using it to build great and spacious buildings--you're the best at what you.

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 06:47PM

Elder,

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and accept that you think you're helping people with the perpetuation of rituals, myths, and social programs that you think bring positive results.

Just take a minute, though, to acknowledge that there are people who are severely hurt by those same myths, rituals and social programs.

Be honest.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 07:57PM

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 07:59PM

...and make it a big one. We're getting bored over here.

Date: April 12, 2011 08:36PM

lol here, That was Good ! Even a small one would be nice, I mean how long has it been? I guess pierced ears were last, and the one before that was priesthood for the blacks back in '78!

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:05PM

How was your personal meeting with Jesus yesterday?

Wait...you don't see him? You need faith too? You don't have knowledge? You neither prophecy, see, nor reveal do you?

Ok Mr. Prophet. This is not a question. Strke me down as was with the prophets of old in the Book of Mormon, and prove me now herewith. Let my blindness or death or affliction prove how wrong I was, and am. Let thy followers see in my expense thy power. Show them that God is today, yesterday, and forever the same God.

Let me beg for my substance for the rest of my days and be trampled.

Can you do that? Or are you not a prophet? Or was perhaps the Book of Mormon wrong? Or did God change? Can you offer any other explanations?

I'm still not lame.

Date: April 12, 2011 08:39PM

Seriously lol here- hahahhaha-

I think that God must have gone off duty and we now have a new one that says "Hey man, boys will be boys, ANYTHING goes!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 08:41PM by think4u.

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:14PM

People look to you as an example. Because of YOUR example, I've dealt with more bullies in my life than I care too. So, like all bullies, you deserve to have your a** kicked.

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:28PM

Phase out the suit and tie shit. It makes you look more akin to a wall street exec than it does to a church leader.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:35PM

First I'd just like to say that sionce we left the church our family has been the happiest we've been in years. Leaving the church though opainful has been a blessing unbounded.

Secondly, I know that you wish you could quit when you were too old and too tired and in ill health, and I hope that some day the church will change its sucession rules and allow you to have a retirement like you deserve- while you still have the strength to enjoy life.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:39PM

1. Returning only about 5% of collected tithing monies to the wards is nothing short of pathetic. Make church fun again. Bring back dinners, dances, roadshows, etc. If you start hemmoraging members this will be the major reason why. You have to give people a reason to stay. And quit asking them to clean your buildings. If you want them to be more service-minded, then start a soup kitchen or a shelter for battered women (you know, like other Christian churches do.)

2. Quit having your henchmen (sorry, bishops) ask members, especially underage members, if they masturbate. If the rest of the Christian world knew that you were doing this, they would rightly consider you to be a bunch of freaks. Oh, and FYI, masturbation does not cause blindness. *end sarcasm*

3. Regarding private bishop interviews of minors: did you not learn *anything* from the Roman Catholic scandals? Evidently not. Start building up your financial reserves now.

3. Allow U.S. and other members to be married civilly (or in the wardhouse) first, and then immediately after in the temple. It is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG to encourage converts to exclude their own parents from their weddings. If you really feel that excluding people from weddings is okay, then immediately start excluding yourself from your grandchildren's weddings (since family attendance is evidently not all that important, and you will want to show leadership and express solidarity with convert families.) If there is indeed an afterlife, I really believe that this is one issue that will come to bite you in the ass. You will see, FEEL, and finally understand all the suffering that you caused through your callous policies.

4. Ditto for fostering a church culture in which believing family members SHUN those who no longer believe. Again, this is so out of step with the majority of the Christian world as to defy belief. Until you address this issue, you have no right in calling your church pro-family.

5. Quit acting like the fundamentalist, polygamist LDS offshoots have nothing to do with you. They have EVERYTHING to do with you. It's your mess. Lean on politicians and the law to clean it up!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 08:43PM

Posted by: dowahdiddy ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 10:39PM

Send the message down the chain of command to my bishop to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:30PM

+100 !!!!

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: April 12, 2011 10:45PM

and ALL church related/owned businesses.

How dare you keep that secret and then demand an open accounting from every member for their finances! For their "salvation" yet!

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 01:49AM

Make up your mind(s). You changed the temple ceremony, the BoM... They don't have to promise to slit their throat, have their heart torn out, or be disemboweled? What the hell Tom. It's just not fair.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 04:58AM

Give the rock a try on the Book of Abraham manuscript...

Date: April 13, 2011 09:47AM

Yes, I too would like them to once again give the "stone in the hat" method a second try. It obviously worked well the first time.

Maybe it would reveal the BoA to be the basic Egyptian funeral texts that we all know they really are.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 08:52AM

If you do, then stop insinuating you do and just say it. If you don't, you are guilty of lying and need to surrender your temple recommend.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:50AM

Where was the spirit when you hired Gene Udy as a GA while he was committing massive fraud? Were you warned at all, or was the amt of tithing he paid just too much to pass up?

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:42AM

Truthseeker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where was the spirit when you hired Gene Udy as a
> GA while he was committing massive fraud? Were you
> warned at all, or was the amt of tithing he paid
> just too much to pass up?

Who is/was Gene Udy? Google isn't helping.

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:14AM

I'd love to send them a postcard from some hedonistic island where I'm romping in skimpy clothing, and scrawl on the back: "Weather is here, wish you were beautiful!" ;)

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:34AM

YOU GUYS ARE GOING DOWN!!

LOL

Thank you Eric, Susan and the internet!!!

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:25PM

I don't believe that even ONE GA actually visits this site.

Seriously, they are the kings of Mormondon, why would they have any interested in what the disaffected rabble think?

I think that EVERY GA totally believes all the Mormon shit and never does anything to disabuse themselves of this belief. Why would they want to challenge their entitlement?

Remember, OJ totally believes he didn't kill Nicole. Seriously, you can convince yourself of anything.

It would be like the Queen of England thinking that it wasn't Divine Right that put her on the throne.

Posted by: Historian ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:41PM

If you have nothing to hide....OPEN the books! Open the archive. Let the real history tell the story, not the re-written history.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:43PM

Dear Elder,

Fuck you.

Love,

Mikey

Date: April 13, 2011 03:46PM

You're also pretty ugly.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:50PM

Date: April 13, 2011 03:52PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.