Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jeff loves Chili dog ( )
Date: March 20, 2022 12:19AM

There are two ward buildings in La Puente, CA that no longer show up on LDS locator.

15766 E Fairgrove is being remodeled and is now Al Bayaan Islamic Center

504 N Rimgrove

La Puente is now almost entirely hispanic.

La Puente is part of San Gabrial Valley in Los Angeles County.

I believe both chapels had already downsized to just one ward each.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 20, 2022 01:46AM

I believe that ChurchCo is in a near-panic mode, they certainly know that past growth numbers & percent’s from the past won’t ever be seen again in industrialized countries - locations;
Not gonna happen!

I wish that sub-industrial societies (i.e. Countries)would prohibit exporting wealth (‘money’)out of country, wealth should circulate in-country!

What do other posters think about this idea/proposal?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2022 01:49AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Sharapata ( )
Date: March 20, 2022 02:51AM

Somewhat surprising considering that while the traditional English speaking wards in Southern California continue to hemorrhage members and are being shut down now on a fairly consistent basis, the Spanish speaking wards have actually held up well comparatively so for whatever reasons.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 20, 2022 11:26AM

(asking for a friend)

Are the Hispanic members true lamanites?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 20, 2022 11:35PM

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 21, 2022 10:05AM

This sounds awfully close to “this used to be a nice place back when it was mostly WASP”. I have a friend who grew up in SoCal, clearly Hispanic in appearance and name. Both sides of his family trace back to the original land-grant settlers 450 years ago.

He’s gotten flack about “why don’t you go back to Mexico”. He points out that his family had already been in southern Cal for 250 years before any of the Anglos showed up. He’s also a Vietnam vet, and has a graduate degree from an Ivy League school, so he gets a little cranky about being treated like he is not a real American.

Also, I read that 38% of Canadians (it may have been Manitobans, I don’t remember for sure) are either immigrants, or first generation Canadians. They seem to be functioning just fine.

Oh, and California has one of the highest gdp per capita in the US, and the world, for that matter, even with a bunch of low wage farm workers in the Central Valley.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.