Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 22, 2022 01:31AM

Never again’ has been the slogan,” Zelenskyy, who is Jewish, said in his scathing remarks via video link from Kyiv. “But now it looks like it doesn’t mean anything. A people is being destroyed in Europe,” and the West stands idle.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/zelenskyy-holocaust-never-again-russia-germany-ukraine_n_623406e3e4b0f1e82c47bb32

Zelensky urges Jews to shout as Russia ‘erases’ Ukraine:
‘Nazism is born in silence’

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 22, 2022 12:54PM

Yeah, the West has done nothing except take in nearly 4 million refugees and supplied several billion dollars in arms and humanitarian assistance.

He’s trying to guilt-trip them into creating a no-fly zone, or at least give Ukraine more jet fighters. Not going to happen (maybe planes eventually) but I don’t blame him for trying.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 22, 2022 09:19PM

The Azov Battalion fighting for Ukraine are Nazis, so Nazis are the good guys now. Does Zelensky mean other Nazis?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 22, 2022 09:26PM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 22, 2022 09:30PM

caffiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

From my [limited] knowledge, this ("The enemy of my enemy is my friend.")is a good description of what is going on.

It is also a good example of pragmatism.

Date: March 22, 2022 09:59PM

It's one thing to "make a pact with the Devil."
That doesn't mean you have to keep it!

I've heard mostly--with some exceptions--negative reports on the Azov Battalion. It does seem they're a bunch of nasty Nazis, but I'm extremely suspicious about a lot of reports from and about the Ukraine. What I glean is that they're more than a simple protect-the-fiefdom militia, but serious right-wing ideologues, in that they have training camps, schools, children's programs, and are an organized political party.

With that in mind, I gather they are extremely well armed and trained, sponsored by some Ukrainian billionaire. They are the group that Putin used in his "de-Nazification" justification for the war.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 22, 2022 09:59PM

None of his military allies are actually his friends. Rather than find a diplomatic solution, they sent him on a fool's errand to get his country bombed into oblivion.

Date: March 22, 2022 11:10PM

Too early to tell if Zelenskyy is a combination of Washington and Churchill, or the puppet of Heaven-only-knows-whom. Dear Lord, I hope its the former.

Date: March 23, 2022 12:00AM

And now Israel is providing arms to the Azov Battalion.

Do you need any further proof that the world has gone insane?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 23, 2022 12:18AM

No.

It is a strategic decision, and obviously well thought out by those who make those kinds of decisions.

Date: March 23, 2022 12:37AM

Actually, I do respect the Israeli military for being very shrewd and competent 1) in their intelligence and 2) in their strategizing and 3) their executing those decisions.

The rest of the nations in this crisis? Very little, as they try to integrate what they think they know, what they do know, what is best for the region, their individual nations, and their domestic political agendae. Way too many conflicting variables compounded by political and special interests--it really frightens me.

Think of how the Great Powers fell half-a** backwards into World War One.

Starting with a shrewd but arguably unbalanced despot who started all this--and is working with what now seems to be highly flawed intelligence. Lindsey Graham's wisecrack about assassination was politically tactless, but...if only...

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 23, 2022 01:18AM

Wikipedia says the Azov Battalion has an estimated membership of 900 in 2022. Battalion spokesperson says the membership is 10% to 20% neonazi. And since they are in Mariupol, some percentage of them are now dead. If those numbers are anywhere close to accurate, we’re talking about a few hundred people.

Sounds like a bunch of kids engaging in military cosplay. A small bunch of kids.

Date: March 23, 2022 01:50AM

Ironic: with so much coming out on social media, it's hard to tell what's true and what's propaganda. But there's no escaping the images of ruined Russian equipment--and Ukrainian devastation. But reports of Russian desertions, logistical failures, holes being punched in vehicle fuel tanks?--lots of reports, and we can only hope they're true.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.