Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 17, 2022 08:19PM

In the heavenly realm of course. You don't have to ask God for forgiveness, in the name of Jesus, like the little people. Just flash your card and God will say "Oh, I see. Have a nice day."

But how useful is a second anointing when you can just ask Jesus to cover for you? Sure, you screwed up big this time. Did Jesus come through? It was a bit of an ask. Let's check: The HG confirms it! Phew, what a pal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 17, 2022 08:28PM

Well, in corporate talk, I suppose it means you're tenured and 100% vested.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 17, 2022 11:58PM

Made men

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 18, 2022 12:44AM

One trick used to control people is to make them think they are special through what you give them. I think the Second Anointing is for this and also to alleviate guilt of lying for the organization. The LDS Church is an amoral organization meaning it's ok to break commandments as long as it's to benefit the church. Of course the muggles without a second anointing are expected to obey all the commandments to the letter.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 18, 2022 09:19AM

I read a line yesterday that resonated with me -- "People like to think they are morally superior." So I think the Second Anointing appeals to those people.

Posted by: squirrely ( )
Date: April 19, 2022 01:07AM

The fact that GAs know LDS Inc is all made-up, but they still perform these ceremonies for high level suckers, makes we see Mormon leaders and LDS Inc as even worse than I thought.

Knowing LDS Inc is BS and still preforming this is massively hypocritical and dishonest.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 19, 2022 11:00AM

squirrely Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fact that GAs know LDS Inc is all made-up, but
> they still perform these ceremonies for high level
> suckers, makes we see Mormon leaders and LDS Inc
> as even worse than I thought.
>
> Knowing LDS Inc is BS and still preforming this is
> massively hypocritical and dishonest.

. . . and criminal.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 19, 2022 11:30AM

Yes it is. And I agree with others who state that it removes all the guilt for lying and making false statements which benefits the church (lying for the lord).

I couldn't do it. I was a lousy liar so the church never worked for me. Maybe I would still be attending if I thought you could lie and get away with it.

And this bugs me about the church to this day. They want it both ways- Members who are scared shitless to lie and they want to boast that church leaders are honest (and have been honest).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.