Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cauda ( )
Date: April 22, 2022 06:09AM

In the center of a cult is the rigid behavior rules. Rules about: Serving each others wants and needs. It is ugly to say NO! Saying YES is GOOD. A GOOD person says Yes yes yes yes yes.. That rule is exploited by people in the social life. Some entitled people just ask for bigger and humiliating favors under the pretension that if you help you are a GOOD person.

The day you say NO to many times in a row you are walking cross the railroad tracks and you are on your own.. BAD man or woman BAAAAAD man or woman..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 22, 2022 06:33AM

Mormon God is like Oprah.

"You get a planet, and you get a planet, and you get a planet, everyone gets a planet!"

Good point about their manipulation. What's good about yes all the time? Think of how many of your prayers are answered. Not many. God almost always says no. Why not be like God? Tell people to buzz off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2022 06:37AM by bradley.

Date: April 22, 2022 06:58AM

Exactly! What is really good about saying yes all the time?

The more one helps and enables someone asking constantly for favors God in a sense get lesser room in the life of the believers. I guess it is about cult peoples wants to get different social and monetary currencies into circulation to make room for more of The Good Life.

Posted by: Maca ( )
Date: April 22, 2022 01:22PM

Next time someone i don't know needs their piano moved I'll remember to say no, I keep getting emails of sista so and so moving, and I'm expected to be there Saturday and spend my whole day without pay, moving stuff for strangers who don't ever help me. Of course this when I'm at work since I work every weekend, so I conveniently duck out every time. It's great!

The church should hire a moving crew for every ward and pay them to do this back breaking work.

Date: April 22, 2022 01:46PM

They will call you a BAD person. Can you handle that?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 22, 2022 01:55PM

If it is about you and your God you pray to find out if you are good.

Date: April 23, 2022 03:30AM

People want bells and whistles in life. They rather ask and manipulate the gullible for favors instead of praying to God.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.