Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 06, 2022 10:02PM

My husband's father was a very smart and kind man, whom his wife often remarked in front of us was: "Oh Sherwood, no one cares about you opinion". Sherwood was a very smart man, and an atheist.

After he died, he came to me in a vision. He lived on the top of a hill, and his wife was at the bottom of the hill, in effect, begging him to call her up to live with him--something he refused to do.
-----

My father wasn't faithful to his wife, and was stingy towards her when she asked him for money for thus-and-so (such as cloths for their seven children). (He earned a healthy salary, but spent a lot of this on his secretary and himself.)

He would give me a quarter if I massaged his hair for him.

One day--deliberately in front of a friend of his--I asked him if he would give me a quarter so I could get a "movie star" book (very popular then), at the local store. He gave me a dirty look, but did what I asked for. When the company had left, and I got home, he warned me not to ever try that trick again. :-)

Still, at a relatively young age (in his early forties) he became ill with a new disease medicine could not help--cancer of the throat. A friend of his told him to try smoking a pipe, as that might help (due to ignorance at that age, when pipe's were thought to be less dangerous to spoke than cigerets). Of course, instead, it aggravated the problem and his pain.

After his early death in a hospital, my mother told me (when I got older), that she was finally going to get a divorce from him because of his selfishness toward her and the children. However, the circumstances proved that she was fortunate not to have done so, as she received a handsome insurance inheritance.

Not long after his death, he came to me in a vision to try and heal the wounds he had inflicted on her, but I responded with the news (to him), that I couldn't do that, and that it was up to her whom she chose. In this same vision, several men were standing around her, which convinced me that she could have her pick of whom she would want to live with.

Which seems to prove that "all's well that ends well". :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 07, 2022 02:32AM

With a few more visions and a seer stone, you could start your own religion.

Thanks for sharing. I'm a big believer in dreams. Most of my dreams are symbolic but I do get an occasional literal one. I often look up the dream meaning when I wake up and a lot of times it reveals something useful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.