Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 11, 2022 01:28PM

I'm a high context communicator. Many people who are poetic are. It is a strange but wonderful relationship with words. They are lovers and cruel masters at the same time.

Low and high in this context is ironic. Low communicators are better ones in factual and precise societies. Scientific societies are the pinnacle of low communication.

For me, my appreciation of low communication is how people able to do it can with an almost artistic flare express ideas and thought.

I'm not one of you. I try but the world of words capture my stage of consciousness and play their games of context and meaning in ambiguous excesses.

So, hats off to you. You know who you are here. And you aren't David the Atheist though I suspect he can do it with the best. Nor is it ziller who will be in here before Jesus comes again.

https://www-psychologytoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/communication-success/202206/10-traits-low-context-communicators

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 11, 2022 02:20PM

I don't know, EB, I think you have a mastery of both.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 11, 2022 02:40PM

It's the no-context posters who are the most fun!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: June 11, 2022 04:52PM

I don't know if I say much with all my words, but when you have typed all your life for your jobs, you can put down a lot of words in a short period of time. My daughter says her friend who was one of my prior coworkers writes as long of e-mails as I do. But I write short texts as I've never learned to text quickly.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 11, 2022 04:57PM

if OPie ~

could post with less text ~

an more pictures ~

that would be great ~

thx ~

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.