Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 01:50PM

The discovery of a buck-toothed dinosaur fossil fills in some "evolutionary gaps" for scientists.

From the online article:

"Its name derives from the Greek words "daimon" meaning evil spirit and "sauros" meaning lizard or reptile. Chauliodus is derived from the Greek word for "buck-toothed" and refers to the species' big slanted front teeth."

"'It looks to be a mean character,' commented paleontologist Paul Sereno of the University of Chicago..."

"This fits in quite nicely between the dinosaur groups, Sereno said, even though its face is unlike anything that would have been expected in these early dinosaurs, which tended to have more elongated snouts."

Obviously, Buckie is meaner than RfM's raptorjesus, for which we can all be truly thankful. Rap is cuter and funnier than Mean Buck. I am unclear, though, precisely where on the evolutionary scale Rap fits.

I note that the everlasting creation/evolution debate arises in the comments for this article. I agree there may never be a definitive answer (one that satisfies all objections on either side). I hate that. I love to know the ending of a good story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/2011/04/12/dinosaur-daemonosaurus.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 01:58PM by Nightingale.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 01:52PM

No one is greater than I. For I am the greatest. Therefore, I am greatest above all else.

That's just air tight logic!

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 01:57PM

I love airtight logic.

FYI, I added a few comments in my OP pertaining to you so you may want a re-read in case there's anything to refute, deny, debate, reinforce or admit. :)

You're definitely one of the more memorable RfM personas through the years. Very amusing.

And not too scary.

So far...

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 04:46PM

Seriously, here's a picture... And even though the raptors were small by Jurassic dinosaur standards (NBA forward size, but not quite up to the big centers), they were way bigger than this critter...

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-48502d5b89f64-Jurassic%2BPark%2B(1993).jpeg

You might have to reign in your followers though, big guy. They have engaged themselves in the fashioning of graven images...

http://www.hlj.com/product/MSPMDIN70125

SLC
Making amends for fraternizing with another Jesus yesterday...
Check your e-mail, there RJ...

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 04:50PM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 02:09PM

That's because RJC has always been -- even before the Big Bang. In fact, he created the Big Bang (but he said excuse me afterwards).

:D

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.