Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: neffie ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 06:49PM

Walking through the grocery store parking lot today I saw a young, exasperated mother with 3 kids.

It was downright tropical outside today in SE Idaho. This mother was wearing FIVE layers of clothing!

It went like this:

Garment Top
Bra
White T-shirt to cover up the garment top
Black Tank top
Sheer white cardigan

Five LAYERS just to get dressed! FIVE! Because of the sheer cardigan I could see the sequence of layers! Someone shoot me if I ever return to having to wear THREE base layers of clothing before I can wear my actual clothing.

As an aside: The kids looked to all be under the age of 6 and two of them were dashing in front of cars and into the traffic. She was yelling at them (from 20-30 feet away) of course: "Sara, Michael get out of the road". Then she herded them into her...minivan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 06:53PM

Gah!!! I remember those days of granny panties all too well. I guess it's no surprise that once one takes off several of those claustrophobic layers, we're less than willing to put any more on! Give me a cute bra and a sexy thong any day!

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:03PM

It was a nice day in Idaho Falls, now it is raining. Thank you, Joesph Smith.

Posted by: neffie ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:10PM

And now it's snowing. Does that mean the five layers make sense now?

I hate being wrong...

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 11:03PM

If it's snowing again, I refuse to look outside.

That poor woman, though...I actually had a couple of cute under layers that weren't high enough when LDS, and I had to wear a second tank or cami underneath!

I'm still nervous about exposing much skin, though. Part of it is probably because I'm on the plumper side of things. I can't figure out for the life of me how to make shoulders and upper arms attractive.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 10:53AM

Vasalissasdoll: Halter tops, or deep Vs at the neckline, and darker or deeper shades/colors, not white or pastels. No cap, butterfly, or gathered sleeves. Wrap tops, or anything snug fitting and also fitted at the waist.

My sister had a personal shopper at Nordstroms tell her that; she had her try on a snug white t shirt and a red halter top.

Kind of amazing, to me. So much more skin showed with the halterm but her broad shoulders/larger upper arms kind of receded, when you saw the deep v and diagonal straps, where the white t-shirt made her look huge!

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 03:28PM

Thank you for that, bookratt!

That makes sense, and I'll give it a try!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 09:18AM

I dinda feel sorry for that woman, actually. Glad I only had two kids.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 09:25AM

...her summer minimum would have been garments, bra, girdle, full slip and a dress. She wasn't the skirt and blouse type.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.