Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mahu74 ( )
Date: July 26, 2022 02:28PM

One only speaks with certainty on behalf of another if they know there are no consequences for misrepresentation. Indeed, all the most consequential religious leaders in history share the knowledge that they can broadcast their brain farts with impunity because there is no God to stop them. Those who aren’t atheist are mentally ill and actually DO hear voices in their heads.
Am I over simplifying?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 26, 2022 02:38PM

It used to be obvious that the GAs spoke mostly in a 3rd person voice, IDK if they still do or not.

such as:

“It appears as though…”

and

“It has been our experience that …”

often in a disattached manner.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 26, 2022 03:18PM

You can easily have a conviction that "What's good for mormonism is good for the world" without believing in ghawd.

And when you conflate wealth with righteousness, toxicity has room to grow.  I personally have no problem considering mormon atheism as being a necessary attribute for elite leadership.  Not believing in ghawd makes planning and execution a lot easier.  

I think the majority of elite mormon leadership is atheist and that in their hearts they are saying, "Thank ghawd for surveys!"

All that matters is playing the game; better to rule in mormonism than have to compete in real life.  Winning, in mormonism, is just living longer than anyone else.

C'mon, Dieter!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.