Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: musicangelgirl ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:37PM

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=15137163

This story is just sick but other than the act its about theres a line in the story that catches my attention and sounds much like the morgs ways.

"I was giving him money all of the time and he was living like a king," Linda Dalton said. "And every single one of his members were living like crap."

Sound familiar? Whats everyone elses thoughts on this story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:52PM

When you create a culture of unquestioning faith and obedience, this is what happens. This is the legacy of Mormonism.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 11:27PM

He is like every other cult leader--nuts and desperately trying to rape everything and everybody around him. Think of Jim Jones; the Japanese cult leader that killed so many in Tokyo; and yes, Joseph Smith.

I often think that cult leaders and rock stars both go into their professions just for the power and the sex.

Posted by: wjexmo ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 12:59AM

This guy was in my stake in Colorado several years ago, he got a woman I knew to join his cult, very sad for her kids. This guy is a real piece of @#$%.

If you want a good laugh look at his site http://thefirstborn.org/Firstborn/Firstborn.html

Read all about Japath the son of Pishkal, Iddo the seer or Pirianus the swordsman. He "translated" several books too, goes to show you if a mouthbreather like Dalton can make up scripture and get people to buy it anybody can.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 01:41AM

It is said that the evil men do can live on after they die. In Smith's case, how true that is.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 09:50AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.