Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:21PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:29PM

???????????????????

Is this supposed to be shocking or a surprise or something? When I was a member of the church, the goal was to do temple work for everyone who ever existed...good or bad. Has something changed since I've been out??

Posted by: Little Nicky ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:42PM

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 11:35PM

According to DC 132, there is no forgiveness for those who murder in cold blood. Hitler did this a million times over.

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 11:38PM

Several have tried to link Hitler directly to the killing of the jews. It's not that easy. About as difficult as linking Brigham Young to the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 11:41PM

To think that so many military assets could be used in killing the jews without Hitler knowing would be ridiculous. One of the reasons for the defeat of Germany was that Hitler was to involved in the details of the military actions.

Date: April 13, 2011 11:53PM

The linkage is to consentration camps, not the massacres. How SS dealt with the jews was the SS's own internal business.

Date: April 13, 2011 11:56PM

you really think that the term "final solution" was in reference to concentration camps? Are you seriously suggesting that Hitler thought that the final solution for the Jewish problem (their words not mine) was to send 6 million Jews to concentration camps built to house a couple of hundred thousand people at most? SERIOUSLY?

No, it is naive to think that someone that was as involved with the day to day workings of the military as Hitler was did not know what was going on in the concentration camps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 11:58PM by MJ.

Date: April 13, 2011 11:59PM

Yes Hitler was involved in the war operations in the USSR from the summer of 1941 (when Holocaust started), but as an incompetent, that had little to no clue how to operate...

Date: April 14, 2011 12:05AM

Regardless of what you claim, incompetence does not prove that he was not connected to the Jewish final solution. But I think it difficult to claim a person that can rise to be one of the most powerful men in the world at the time was "incompetent". Crappy military strategist, that can be shown, but "incompetence", no, the evidence shows that Hitler was quite intelligent and quote competent.

The resources to murder 6 million people just can not be covered up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 04:47AM by MJ.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 09:13AM

Every arm of Nazi Germany's bureaucracy was involved in the logistics that led to the genocides, turning the Third Reich into what one Holocaust scholar has called "a genocidal state"
that is from Wiki...
not that Wiki is the end all be all.....the Nuremburg laws set all this genocide policies in motion. dont forget that a total of 17+ million people were victims of this genocide! including gays, Russians, Jehovah's Witness,political adversaries and people with disabilities along with Jews!!
nah...Hitler knew nuttin!

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 11:47PM

@misfit, easy to work out in the TBM MorDumb world view ... you see, 132 says not to shed "innocent" blood ... the jews were not innocent as a people cause they kilt jeezuuus. See, you can polish a turd.

Posted by: AlmostFell ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 12:14AM

My TBM convert friend told me about murder being the unforgiveable sin, but wouldn't discuss it with me when I challenged him on it. (He was too tired.) That statement eliminates some of the giants of the faith from ever entering Heaven. Moses was a murderer. So was David (the man after God's own heart). At a minimum, Paul was an accessory. I don't think that JS thought that one out.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 06:28AM

Then in the great beyond the evil doers can be rejected if they're beyond forgiveness.

The same goes for those who are baptized but who refuse to be mormons in the afterlife even after being incarcerated in spirit prison and being forced to hear mishie discussions. Remember all of those worthy mormons called home to do dead teaching in the sky? Of course it's inconceivable that anyone wouldn't want the opportunity of accepty a proxy baptism, but a few might be so foolish.

So the whole dead ritual thing breaks down because mormons in the clouds have to go over every bit of paperwork and decide if the spirit is worthy of the poxy effort and if each spirit is accepting of it.

It's a bad system since mormons don't consider any of it final and all of it could be done in some alternate dispensation or other.

I'm not kidding. Mormons actually spend millions of dollars and more millions in time doing dead "temple work."

Posted by: Michaelm ( )
Date: April 14, 2011 08:56AM

There is a painting in the St. George Temple to honor the United States founding fathers. They were baptized for the dead there.

http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/19498/Painting-honors-founding-fathers.html

"I straightway went into the baptismal font and called upon Brother McCallister to baptize me for the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and fifty other eminent men, making one hundred in all, including John Wesley, Columbus, and others." Wilford Woodruff

The painting can be seen in this Institute manual on page 67:

http://institute.lds.org/content/languages/english/Institute%20of%20Religion%20Materials/Student%20manuals/Religion%20345,%20Presidents%20of%20the%20Church%20Student%20Manual~eng.pdf

The London temple has earned the distinction to have a painting of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_Hitler_retouched.jpg

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.