Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: August 23, 2022 05:13PM

Our local Portland, OR news (KGW Ch. 8) does a segment where the the weather guy (Rod Hill) goes out and visits local places....small towns, businesses, restaurants, etc. They recently visited "Sugars BBQ" in Ridgefield, WA, which is about 44 miles from me in Oregon City.

Rod really liked the ribs (pork) and they looked really good on TV. I checked out reviews and they were excellent. People coming from BBQ states saying they never expected to find ribs like this in WA.

So I took my music buddy there for lunch last Saturday.....best ribs I've/ we've ever had! Mine are nothing compared to them and I smoke ribs fairly often. Supper moist, tender but stays on the bone until you bite some off, then it falls off. Doesn't even need sauce, but a little bit smeared on them was excellent too.

I'll be making the drive again in a few weeks after some vacationing. If you happen to be within driving distance or you are passing thru Ridgefield.....GO GET SOME RIBS AT SUGARS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 23, 2022 05:17PM

The pigs, cows and chickens give it a huge thumbs down.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 23, 2022 05:20PM

When I lived in Alabama, I had lots of BBQ choices. Here in Pocatello, I haven't found any BBQ places. Consider yourself lucky to have found a good one.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: August 23, 2022 05:31PM

Poky had Harris BBQ in the old days. It was a real southern style joint. My dad would always stop there.

I tried Shawn’s in Poky. Good brisket but didn’t like the ribs. Too much dry rub. I like ribs, not jerky.

Date: August 23, 2022 05:36PM

My wife is from Alabama so we eat a lot of southern stuff. Okra doesn’t grow too good in Jackson Hole, Wyoming but collards do. Occasionally we will have a fish fry with hush puppies. Snake River white fish substituting for catfish.

Date: August 23, 2022 05:24PM

The key to good ribs is to cook them low and slow. I don’t pull them out of the smoker until the meat starts to slit when I hold them up on one end with a pair of tongs. You don’t want a lot of smoke in your smoker. Too much smoke doesn’t make good ribs. Good ribs don’t need sauce.

There’s a zillion types of rubs, marinades and sauces. I’ve been smoking ribs for 40 years. Rarely is a restaurant better than mine but there are some who do it right. Good ribs come off the bone without completely coming apart. Some of those Southern rib joints aren’t all that good. Some of the worst ribs I ever had were in Memphis. I had some great ribs in Idaho.

Lot’s of good BBQing going on in more places.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 24, 2022 12:31PM

Best ribs I've had came from Golden Corral oddly enough.

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: August 24, 2022 05:52PM

Was that up in Rigefield jet or 3 miles s. Actually in the town?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: August 24, 2022 07:18PM

>> jet << ??

Its in the town of Ridgefield, WA on 3rd street in a food cart pod.

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: August 24, 2022 08:09PM

That was Jct.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.