Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: July 09, 2022 04:10PM

So, in the spirit of energy healing and maybe even chiropracticly speaking, any body have any good stories there?

Someone who I know who has birthed some of my kids, has this energy healing approach to it. She can test for herself all the supplements her body knows it needs and tells this person what to take and quantities of supplements. These pills are overpriced snake oil in all their varieties.

When I see her doing her test process, I sing to my self some sort of primary parody along the lines of "Genealogy, I am doing it..."

I looked up the definition of the word, and I'm not sure she is using the right word. But that is what her weird-o health guru's call it. It is so 'metaphysical'... Hard to not think this person is not straight up crazy.

Anyone have similar experiences with the word?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 20, 2022 10:05PM

I think she’s using the word incorrectly. Kinesiology is how our physical movements effect our health. Unless, I’m wrong (that happens a lot).

How’s it working out for her ?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 20, 2022 10:13PM

Kathleen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think she’s using the word incorrectly.
> Kinesiology is how our physical movements effect
> our health.

The anatomy and mechanics of physical movement.

------------------
> Unless, I’m wrong (that happens a lot).

You're right (that happens a lot more).

Date: July 21, 2022 09:31AM

:)
Ty

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 12:37AM

As for energy work: bring me an instrument that can measure it and then I will listen.

I suspect that by "energy" they mean "dopamine".

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 01:50AM

Pure quackery.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 08:09AM

I agree. The person in question is IMO using the word, "kinesiology" incorrectly. I think there is a lot of quackery involved in nutritional supplements. I would only trust what a physician or registered dietician orders for me.

Date: July 21, 2022 05:50AM

Yeah, she is using that word in a distorted way, but so are the quacks that introduced it to her.

She incorporates it into "testing" what is good for her body. She can have a bucket of bottles of supplements and she figures out what she needs by doing some muscle testing to drill down to which bottle in the bucket has the supplement her body "needs". Weird to see someone run their health care that way. Not sure if she thinks she is removing some level of responsibility by having her body tell her what she needs versus her conscientious mind.

This has taken on a life of its own after intense study of the word of wisdom. Damn Joseph Smith! No end to how much he's screwed people up.

Date: July 21, 2022 09:28AM

cheezus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, she is using that word in a distorted way,
> but so are the quacks that introduced it to her.

Is she in some sort of an MLM ?

> Damn Joseph Smith! No end to how much he's screwed people up.

Damn Joseph Smith is right !!
The TBMs in our outfit are a tired bunch. It’s hard to be happy if one is chronically worn out, and they go around exhausted. What they could do with a good cup of tea.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 09:42AM

It's entirely possible. There are a number of MLMs that sell nutritional supplements.

Date: July 21, 2022 11:53PM

What do you know about essential oils? Would you like to do more?

She is a MLM company's dream customer/sucker/partner. Never Amway, but about 6 others.

Sort of screams 'elect' to me.

Posted by: Sri Bugwum Fiend ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 10:29AM

But you have to use the right crystals.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 01:13PM

Once a man gets his penis aligned, there's no stopping his chakra!  He becomes a chakraholic!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 02:20PM

Hold still while I adjust your aura.

Posted by: Sri Buwum Fiend ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 08:09PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 04:28PM

I just read about a two-family confrontation/brawl at Disneyworld, and in the attached videos it appears that everyone involved, EVERYONE!, was overweight.

I would like to know if kinesiology would help these people?  And can it make you smell good/better?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 21, 2022 11:46PM

Kinesiology is the study of body movement. Dance majors and physical therapists typically must take a kinesiology course. It has nothing whatsoever to do with supplements.

Sounds ducky to me.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: July 22, 2022 12:26AM

Are we talking about kinesiology (which is a legitimate discipline), or applied kinesiology (see link above) which is pseudoscientific BS,

Posted by: Adam Warrior ( )
Date: July 22, 2022 12:01AM

I am still up in the air if the metaphysical is crazy or not. They are not as crazy as the mormons but a lot of them started out as mormons but left and found the metaphysical world. I actually said to myself that they could all be messing with me just like i was in previous organizations.

Date: July 22, 2022 12:07AM

I know what you mean. I sometimes wonder if I'm a very boring version of The Truman Show, and those around me keep pushing crazy, but I never crack under it. I'm that broken in a sense.

Posted by: Adam Warrior ( )
Date: July 22, 2022 12:29AM

I know exactly what you mean. A camera could literally fall out of the sky right now in front of me and i would say "ok, now it's all starting to make sense". Have the mormon charade show going on on the left side of me and every other religions charade show going on the right side of me and now i might be in the metaphysical charade show possibly but loneliness is a real killer and i only have my inability to be alone ALL the time to blame. Someone said a physical community would be good to help me heal CPTSD and i felt the metaphysical was the safest community for myself as many trauma survivors are in the metaphysical. A lot of trauma survivors from religion like myself are in it so i don't feel totally out of place i guess. I think i would feel out of place anywhere though haha. Felt this way most my life though. Don't truly fit in any group even rfm but i am an ex-mo so here i am. rfm has been a good thing for me on my healing adventure i will call it. Healing journey just sounds so long and boring and dredgerous like sitting through a full sacrament meeting looking at the clock every five minutes hoping that it will be over soon.

Date: August 31, 2022 07:08PM

How are you holding up buddy? SOunds like you are really working through some stuff. Let me know if you want to email me directly. Being alone can be a weird prison, so I'm happy to help if i can.

Hang in there, stay strong.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.