Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 01, 2022 11:12AM

Nothing.

Nothing at all. Same old same old-- only a once palatable soup is being boiled down to a thick sticky syrup that coats everything. Just try to scrape it off you. Just try.

At the core of ALL: Right and Wrong. Good vs Evil. Antagonist VS Protagonist. The meat great novels are made of. Shark vs pretty girl in bikini. The stuff great campaigns are made of. You know the names. The control tactic that keeps Church leaders raking in the cash and the adulation that feeds their smugness as as you do their bidding hoping for that pat on the head and a "Well done thou good and faithful servant" which is the phrase that inspired the capitol riots as well as Mormons everywhere doing their mormonosity.

Amazing what can done with a pat on the head. Humans are only a few steps away from being controlled by clickers, like dogs. A couple of treats and then only the promise of a treat. Sound familiar?

It's not Capitalism vs Communism. Its not Red vs Blue. It's not God vs Satan. Those are all useful mirages to make you feel you are in the desert and need guidance to the One True Oasis. That very mirage that has us facing Christo Fascism right now---the forged unholy alliance between God, Money, and the State that can accurately be described as an ideology of control.

"You got to get the bad guy, and, I will tell you who the bad guy is. I'm the only one who knows. You want to get your reward, right?"

When you accept the word "sin" as a legitimate concept you aid and abet. When you accept the phrase, "God's will", or, "In God we trust" as legitimate, you aid and abet. Sticks and stones can break your bones, but "What God Wants" will kill you on the inside. This includes countries.

And if you didn't like my post? Well, I was only doing what God wanted me to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 01, 2022 12:53PM

Put in the clutch...  Down shift...  Pull over and coast to a stop...

Ah, but *you* can't!  ...things to do, places to be!  *Your* version of the world is counting on *you*!!  Who knows which way it'll wobble without *you* there to help guide it!

Who knows what mischief will erupt without *you* there to explain things and forecast the future?  Sins need to be punished, except for *yours*, because *you* have explanations; things have to be seen in context...

And then suddenly there comes a day when the world has to get along without *you*!  And it does!  It doesn't even miss you!

Personally, as a gentleman golfer most of my adult life, I did a lot of pulling over, coasting to a stop and living my life for me.  No apologies offered, no thanks expected...

We all did it our way, we rag-tag band of illogical humans, freed somehow from the primal rote of hormonal rigor.

Party on, Wayne!  Party on, Garth!

If you didn't like my post, I have more!!! 

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: September 01, 2022 01:01PM

We gotta play sometime.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: September 01, 2022 01:42PM

I have my cruise control on, top is down, and my arm hanging down the side of the car while getting a sunburn.

He**, nobody knows I am even gone, heading down that highway of an independent life. My wife has joined me, not saying a word, because she too can see the open road and figures my direction is way better than what was left behind.

What I left behind is too busy getting that pat on the head and looking at each other with weepy eyes.

One thing you can be assured of since the beginning of recorded history is that it always repeats itself, emotions keep us from breaking the loop.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 01, 2022 02:37PM

I have been working on my conference talk, you know, so I will be prepared in case they ask me to speak this time. You never know right? Here is what I have so far:

My dear brothers and sisters, it is with much feigned humility and indignation that I stand here before you today.

(pause and smile)

Before we get into my very boring spiritual drivel, we would like to thank Susan for bringing her husband with her today. It is always such a delight to partake of his pleasant demeanor.

(pause and look behind you at Susan’s husband)

(smile)

(wink)

We are genuinely pleased to announce seven more temples that will be built sometime in the future. Two of them will be in Sugar House, just to the South of us. A third temple will be built in Sugar House, and the remaining four temples will also be built in Sugar House. Isn’t it amazing how the lord works?

(smile).

The Saints living in Sugar House will be able walk to the temple instead of undertaking an arduously short uneventful journey by car. We can also eliminate most of the temple parking places too. Marvelous.

If you can think of anything to add, I'd most likely appreciate any suggestions.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 01, 2022 02:46PM

HAHA That is hysterical! I would pay good money to have that really happen.sunbeep. Truly inspired--way more than anything they go going.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.