Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 12:14AM

where Zarahemla was? Really, Rusty- we expect just a little more for our money. It would elate Rodney Meldrum no end, to finally have a place to excavate. And Morris Travel would be booked solid for the next ten years. So how about it, G-15? Let's see what you can come up with. Maybe ask Jesus at your meeting next Thursday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 01:54AM

The odds are 1/∞

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 10:12AM

Likely no words on Zarahemla.

Likely many words on obedience.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 11:00AM

If they really knew, wouldn't they have already said so?

The last time the church was fully ramped up on the BoM was 1986-1990. Benson was the last prophet pushing the blue book- Remember all those copies members were supposed to buy, decorate, paste their family photos and gleeful testimonies? And then hound a non-member friend or acquaintance.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 01:01PM

Or they are keeping it secret. Like the entrance to Santa's workshop, it is too sacred to be revealed lest someone be tempted to visit.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 11:29AM

The Book of Mormon? I don’t know that we teach that.

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 11:40AM

The highlight, as usual, will be all the new unnecessary temples announced. Nelson's kind of boxed himself in – he's conditioned the faithful tithers to expect 15-20 each conference. Any slowup now would be a significant letdown, and might cause some of them to question the church's growth claims. He also seems to feel the need to top himself every 6 months in order to cement his imaginary legacy.

He'll ride the temple like a Sybian as long and hard as he can, and then leave it to Oaks et al. to clean up the mess. (How's that for imagery?)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 12:15PM

I learnedly something new today…

But it was old news to Wikipedia.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 03:51PM

Sure. You consulted Wikipedia.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 03:43PM

"Blah blah Joseph Smith, blah blah our dear living prophet, even Russell Milhaus Nixon-Nelson, blah blah blah, and I say these Wonderous things in the name of the holy redeemer, the ghawd of this world, our lord and savior, he who conquered death and paved the road for our smooth redemption and who will lead us into exaltation, yes, even the firstborn, the lamb of ghawd, even Jesus, the risen lord who really, truly, conquered death, yay, verily the host of hosts, the host with the most, adored by his sweet, perfect mother and nodded at proudly by his daddy-ghawd, Elohim, to whom I'm praying, but seem to have been caught in a loop... Will I never end? Jesus Christ!!!..."

Amen

We will now hear the Tabernacle Choir sing a song; please smile shyly at the two people of color...

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 04:18PM

Haha. You made me laugh.

Russ ought to do it. Nothing to lose unless he lives to be 110. His successors can always say he was speaking as a man and let him and themselves off the hook. Although I find it odd that they claim to speak as men because none of them meet my definition of that.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 10, 2022 09:37PM

If he hits 111, does his membership automatically expire? Somebody better check the software.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 08, 2022 09:05PM

Nothingburger

Posted by: Healed ( )
Date: September 10, 2022 08:47PM

I don’t know if the location of Zarahemia will be announced but it’s likely we will be treated to the male chorus of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing a medley of their favorite hymns - Stout-hearted Men, Having My Baby, and Get Your biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in Bed"….

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.