Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AniNassui ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 09:09AM

I was just curious if anyone was aware of there ever being a large rally or demonstration, in opposition to the LDS church in Utah, at any point in the past, that you know of?? — like any large public displays that really rocked their insular boat or shook up the status quo, & really got their attention?

The crimes suffered & transgressions endured by society as a result of this corrupt institution are mind boggling; especially to anyone not indoctrinated in the culture & looking at it from the outside (& especially in this day & age!)

As the church declines & struggles in the coming decades, I wish there could be some kind of bold, in-your-face, reoccurring gathering or celebration — or maybe an annual ‘ex-Mormon’ party or festival of unity, inclusion,& appreciation - welcoming scrutiny of the LDS church, encouraging questions, & that would be open to anyone slighted by the church - or wanting to challenge the social norms.

Perhaps each one could have an ever-changing theme to focus attention on? Take your pick from any number of particular issues or problems people have with the church, which would maybe force some aspect of the church to face up to it’s hypocrisy & culpability, whether that’s through bad publicity or the celebrant’s stated goals.
I know this sounds quixotic & dreamy - but I just wish there was some way to hasten the demise of it &/or expose it for the dangerous & shady fraud it really is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 11, 2022 09:32PM

in b 4 ~

the ones at nauvoo and carthage jail were pretty good ~

ETA ~ kirtland too ~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2022 10:27PM by ziller.

Posted by: Maca ( )
Date: September 12, 2022 05:57PM

I recall in 2012 Packer made a comment that offended a lot of people and 18,000 people lied down on the sidewalks infront of temple Square, representing teenage suicides in utah over questioning identity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.